I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anything come with a manual anymore?

Yes, it may be an online manual but everything I can think of has a manual online. My TV, its remote, my Vizio soundbar and its remote, my GPS, my handheld VHF, my microwave, my alarm clock. my stove, my gas grill, my iPhone, my iPad, my PC, my truck, and my car....I could go on...

I loved my years in cave country. That decade of my life was very fulfilling both personally and professionally.

However, I did get weary of the culture of many of the cave divers up there & I do not miss that aspect.

@The Chairman I hope your time up there in BFE is equally fulfilling & productive as mine.

I hardly ever come in here since I don't do caves (yet), but a late congrats to you sir. I hope you don't run into any sireens in that part of the country that try to turn you into a toad.

Does anything come with a manual anymore?
Manual? Is that what the "M" means? I only buy automatics. Pull the trigger and let God sort it out! :D :D :D

For those keeping score...
Dish TV (ugh) is installed. My TV is on the truck that I hope gets delivered soon.
Washer and Dryer bought and ready to be unloaded.
Old Master BR toilet is out and I'm installing the new one now. Does anyone have a mop I can borrow??? :D :D :D

Manual? Is that what the "M" means? I only buy automatics. Pull the trigger and let God sort it out! :D :D :D

I wish I could find the book and quote from a noted Silicon Valley human factors engineer but it is profound:
"A manual is a list of user interface failures"

I would appreciate finding the book if any of you know it. I think he worked for Sun Micro. He deserves credit on this one.

I wish I could find the book and quote from a noted Silicon Valley human factors engineer but it is profound:
"A manual is a list of user interface failures"

I would appreciate finding the book if any of you know it. I think he worked for Sun Micro. He deserves credit on this one.
I think I remember hearing a mantra like that back in college. That would have been about the time of Sun's heyday.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom