I tasted the Kool Aide and it didnt agree with me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBH:
She sounds like a person that has the fire and passion about DIR that reminded me of GI3.

I agree with ya Brent. I think Leah's post was kinda like some of GI3's old stuff (in a good way) in that it cut right to the chase. Which, btw, is refreshing in this thread, which has gone every whichway. She's saying to the naysayers: Don't criticize something (DIR) until you know what you're criticizing. And if DIR's not for you, then why do you make it your personal mission to put it down. Who cares.

There are many people out there who's only knowledge of GUE or DIR is from what other people tell them. Have you ever played the "telephone" game? Eventually the truth becomes occluded unless you go directly to the source. It's been very helpful that both Bob Sherwood and MHK have commented here.

I think Leah has put this thread back on the right path: Civilized.

Mike

Thalassamania:
But, if you decompressing according to a table or other calculation, depth is critical since one foot is the standard that most tables and calculations are designed for. Of course you woun't tox at 27' and a 2 foot margin of error is not likely to bend you, but does increase the odds of a bends event.

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:
I am at a loss of what to say.

jeffkruse2000:
:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:
I am at a loss of what to say.
Just what is it that you've lost?:D:D:D

Tanked Monkey:
^^^^^ Let's just give it up, k? ^^^^^^

Start another thread if you want to debate deco within 1' tolerances.

Mike
I don't believe that there's any debate there, I'll find the references for you if you insist.

Thalassamania:
I don't believe that there's any debate there, I'll find the references for you if you insist.

Sounds great. You can post the references in another thread. This one is about something else.

Mike

Hey Mike, good to see you again. Let's put another team together and get wet!

Tanked Monkey:
^^^^^ Let's just give it up, k? ^^^^^^

Start another thread if you want to debate deco within 1' tolerances.

Mike

Well I think the reason the 1' tolerance is still going on is to detract from the heart of my questions and really what this thread should be about.

You know I had a conversation at work and we were talking about Mr Vick and his dog problems. Well the next thing you know the Vick defender says well George Bush is a bad person and a bad president. Whether that is true or false, what does Bush have to do with Mr Vick and his problems? NOTHING!

What does a 1' tolerance and deco debate have to do with the OP and his post????Nothing!

UnderSeaBumbleBee:
Well I think the reason the 1' tolerance is still going on is to detract from the heart of my questions and really what this thread should be about.

You know I had a conversation at work and we were talking about Mr Vick and his dog problems. Well the next thing you know the Vick defender says well George Bush is a bad person and a bad president. Whether that is true or false, what does Bush have to do with Mr Vick and his problems? NOTHING!

What does a 1' tolerance and deco debate have to do with the OP and his post????Nothing!
With all due respect, I'm happy to just drop it. No one, especially me, is trying to detract from the "heart of your questions" which might I note are equally off topic and were interjected into the thread Post 187 after it had grown in the direction starting at Post 138. And, might I note, the depth question has everything to do with the OP where the phrase, “True, I struggled mightily to master buoyancy and trim with the BP/W …” occurs. Be that as it may, and please take this last post on those topic as "on topic," since it is a clear and direct answer to your question of, "What does a 1' tolerance and deco debate have to do with the OP and his post????Nothing!"

The floor’s is now yours, take the thread anywhere you want it to go.

Thalassamania:
With all due respect, I'm happy to just drop it. No one, especially me, is trying to detract from the "heart of your questions" which might I note are equally off topic and were interjected into the thread Post 187 after it had grown in the direction starting at Post 138. And, might I note, the depth question has everything to do with the OP where the phrase, “True, I struggled mightily to master buoyancy and trim with the BP/W …” occurs. Be that as it may, and please take this last post on those topic as "on topic," since it is a clear and direct answer to your question of, "What does a 1' tolerance and deco debate have to do with the OP and his post????Nothing!"

The floor’s is now yours, take the thread anywhere you want it to go.

Phil since everything you know about DIR you learned on the internet why don't you butt out. Whether DIR deco or cave diving requires 1ft precision is none of your business. If you want to take DIRF you can come back with your thoughts and experiences. Until then your comments about what is adequate, necessary, easy or anything else about GUE training or standards are from a position of ignorance.

You've thankfully abandoned other DIR boards. Quite frankly your comments and those of others with nothing more than a passing interest in DIR are disruptive here. Until you either are planning to take the class(es), or have some actual DIR team experience to share please leave.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom