If considering a purchase from ScubaDiverGreg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think it was the seller (Mark/Greg) whose scanner isn't working otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Or maybe I was too deep too long on Saturday.
Bill

Yeah Bill, you dove way too deep, and for way too long.

I hope she appreciated it.

Next time consider bringing a snorkel

idocsteve, you are correct, it is Mark's scanner that isn't working (My bad, I cut/pasted his emailed response to me and didn't put it in quotes). He emailed me that info last night and said he would take a picture of the receipt and send it to me today (Monday). Still awaiting photo.

Check your email. Pic of receipt sent.

If the warranty is only good for the original purchaser than you might as well throw the receipt in the garbage can.

Just say'en

If the warranty is only good for the original purchaser than you might as well throw the receipt in the garbage can.

Exactly!
Mark (or whatever your name is), if you really are the original purchaser and have the sales receipt, you can easily put this right (by contacting scuba.com and/or Sea & Sea) and end speculation about your motives and integrity. Why are you so reluctant to help the buyer?
OldmanandtheC, unless this is resolved within the very near future, you should divulge "Mark's" full name. NAME AND SHAME!

Why does the seller still have no trader rating? I rely on this in many cases when deciding who to do business with? Please update so others will know to keep their wallets closed when dealing with Scubadivergreg.

It has been said by the OP that he has a warranty station 20 miles from his house. It is a better solution to have it repaired there than to ship it all over the continent again and still be without a camera. The seller has provided the receipt. If the card was not filled out then the manufacturer has no clue who the original purchaser is. I personally purchased a laptop in LA when travelling on business so purchase location means absolutely nothing. While I think the seller should have handled this differently I personally think that the best solution (if it works) is already in progress. Perhaps we could see if the OP's issues get resolved that way.

As for the rating......if you rely on that when deciding for or against a purchase the you will get burned. No matter what the rating:

Caveat Emptor

Oh and by the way.......I see we are out in full force:

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

I always look at the trader rating before doing business. Is it perfect, no. It does provide some indication of prior history. I have purchased from members with no rating but will not purchase from members with a history of poor ratings. So far, it has worked pretty good for me.

As always Caveat Emptor is the best policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom