If you could only...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently using the Twin Jets, but I don't like the propulsion they provide (or don't provide) when frog kicking. Thinking about getting Eddy Fin. I know Twin Jet is supposed to be close to neutral, but the Eddy is slightly positive. Have you had any issues with floaty feet while diving wet?
The Eddy is slightly positive in salt... Slightly negative in fresh.

Deep 6 Eddy Fins. Why? Fit, function, and color. But, also because Chris is a real diver who takes the gear into the environments under conditions real divers dive and can tweak it from experience.

I primarily use my drysuit in fresh water where I'd want a heavier fin. In salt where I mostly dive in warm water the lighter buoyancy would by better for my 3mm.

I'd go with the Deep 6 Eddy Fins hands down!

I started with Jets, moved onto F1's and now I'm using the Deep 6 fins. They fit the best and work great.

The Eddy is slightly positive in salt... Slightly negative in fresh.
The XXLs are slightly positive in fresh as well. More so in salt.

I currently have Mares Quattro, and really like the push I get from them. However, they are heavy to travel with and in current I can get cramped up at times. What would I notice different if I used Eddy fins? They are a very different fin style that Mares.
I am a rec diver, so no need tech stuff, so to speak (no insult of course, just different needs)

and in current I can get cramped up at times.
Most do. It's why I have learned to avoid current. Remember the 5 Ds of managing Currents; Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.

1o2223.jpg

To this point, Slipsteams, but I'm going to give the Deep 6 fins a try on the next trip. (Hollis F1s if I'm using BM doubles, which is rare these days.)

To this point, Slipsteams, but I'm going to give the Deep 6 fins a try on the next trip. (Hollis F1s if I'm using BM doubles, which is rare these days.)

You're diving a rebreather, right? A number of rEvo divers near me have made the switch from Slipstreams to the Deep 6 fins and are glad they made the switch. I made the switch from F1's which I'm keeping for the same reason as you.

Only 1 set? Atomic Blades. I love mine. I'm curious if any of the Eddy fans have tried Atomic Blades (not the newer X1) and can tell me how they compare

If I could have a 2nd pair, for diving dry, Hollis F1s.

Back
Top Bottom