In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just a great guy, but a very rounded and complete one. Rob really was an exceptional person. I knew him, talked to him often, dived with him, yet so much of what I've read here is news to me. I shall really miss him. I don't want anyone to die diving, not even some people I don't like very much, but I have to ask "why Rob?". I don't mean "what went wrong?" - that'll emerge in due course and really doesn't matter any more - but why must we lose someone so valuable to so many people? I can't begin to imagine what his family and close friends are going through. I am really sorry that I can't make the memorial service, but I'll be thinking of it from down here. I hope someone can post a report of the service for those of us too far away to attend.

peterbj7:
I hope someone can post a report of the service for those of us too far away to attend.

Ken is bringing a tape recorder and I will have a camera. Of course we will not use any of this if his family is against it. We will ask them first.

Natasha:
I'll be there with 3 others. Tell Melinda very nice poem.

I plan to be there as well.

Natasha:
Ken is bringing a tape recorder and I will have a camera. Of course we will not use any of this if his family is against it. We will ask them first.

If you guys do that, it would be great, especially if you have a version available for d/l..

Unfortunately I was unable to get time off from work to fly into Tx.. I'm going to miss Rob..

I've been away from the board a lot lately and I came back only to find that BJD is no longer with us. I didn't know him personally, but if he had something to say, it was invariably something worth listening to. What a terrible loss to the diving community. How much more must be the loss to his family and friends. To them, I offer my deepest condolences.

Rest In Peace, BigJetDriver.

Cave Diver:
I plan to be there as well.

Cave Diver:
Hopefully we can find each other there and finally meet in person.
I'll be with Ken, Christy, and my sister.
If you haven't left to head down this way already, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom