Inner tube above left shoulder D Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am currently putting together my first hog rig and I have a silly question about this equipment configuration so please be kind :D

I understand that the piece of inner tube above the left shoulder D ring is to keep the wing inflator from dangling. This does not seem to be very convenient to vent the air from the wing when necessary.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

I am currently putting together my first hog rig and I have a silly question about this equipment configuration so please be kind :D

I understand that the piece of inner tube above the left shoulder D ring is to keep the wing inflator from dangling. This does not seem to be very convenient to vent the air from the wing when necessary.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks
You want to use bungee or a large oring, innertube is too small. The innertube you're more than likely referring to goes over the corrugated hose to keep the LP hose secured to it and not flopping around.

Pic-
13297_586477159925_201400707_34458736_7253091_n.jpg

Yeah, I use a bungee with the left D-ring to hold the corrugated hose in place.

I only use the power inflator to inflate.

I use the rear dump valve to dump air from the wing.

I never use the corrugated hose to dump air. Well, I shouldn't say never. Perhaps rarely is a better word. I rarely use the corrugated hose to dump air. If you're in a proper trim position, it's much easier to vent from the rear dump valve than the corrugated hose.

I put a couple of inner tube sections around the corrugated hose. I thread the low-pressure wing inflator hose through the inner tube sections when I connect my regs to the tank/wing.

While we're on the subject of inner tube sections.... They don't last very long and they break. It's difficult to unthread your harness to add more inner tube sections. So put a whole bunch of inner tubes on your harness, so that when they break there are more waiting to take their place.

Better yet, use bungees when you can, they're easily replaced.

You want to use bungee or a large oring, innertube is too small. The innertube you're more than likely referring to goes over the corrugated hose to keep the LP hose secured to it and not flopping around.

Pic-
13297_586477159925_201400707_34458736_7253091_n.jpg

I'm curious as to what the long blue tube running along side of the inflator hose might be?

I'm curious as to what the long blue tube running along side of the inflator hose might be?

For drinking.

I hate having all those inner tube pieces around my harness so instead, I use a clip zip tied near the inflator valve and I clip off my wings inflator hose to one of my "D" rings just as I clip off my SPG.
If I need it to vent, I unclip, raise hose, vent, then clip it back.
No fuss no mas.
But I usually shed air by using the pull dump.

ucfdiver: I like the CamelBak rigging. Never thought of that. How do you secure the bladder to the BP or doubles?

God Bless,
Bri
I use this model-
unbottle-70oz - CamelBak.com

The top clips around the tank neck. If you look at the bottom, you'll see those black plastic clips, I just run bungee under it.

After some thought, I only use the bladder on deco/stages, just in case it gets tangled in line, it's in front of me to untangle.

This pic might help some-
13297_586477164915_201400707_34458737_5039055_n.jpg

Here's a pic with it on a deco bottle (hard to see)
n201400707_33182295_3346404.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom