Is 3 hours crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's see. We're leaving tomorrow night to drive overnight to a spring, dive it all day, then drive into the night back here. Five hours each way, which means it's likely to be 2/3 driving and only 1/3 diving (counting the surface intervals), but it's better than the ditch I dove last weekend. (And yes, that was a literal ditch, but I recovered 12 discs from two holes at one of the local courses. :D)

Returning same day? A little over 2 hours, when diving on Cape Cod. My usual drive is about an hour and 15 minutes.

I'll drive nearly two to get to my favorite dive shop :)

Getting up in the early am, eat breakfast or get it when on the way. drive atleast 2 hours each way on the road to the closest quarry, or to a clean spot in the lake. set up gear when there, dive one, eat lunch dive two, pack up gear, head home. That's the usual weekend during the summer.

I like to limit my weekend trips to one tank of fuel. This summer once the semester is over, I'm thinking about a roadtrip to ft lauderdale area for a couple of days of diving.

Minimum dive distance for anything local is 1 hour, and most lakes are closer to 2. Most trips I do in CO are one day.

I drive 6 hours one way to go the BH and dive, and I do that at least 6 times a year. Granted, we do it over the weekend, but leaving at noon on friday, and getting back generally around 6pm Sunday is a lot of driving for a a half a dozen dives at a place I've dove a lot! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom