Is 3 hours crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 1/2 hours or so to Key Largo. Closer to 3 pulling a boat.

the price of gas is going I don't thing the boat will be making the trip with me much any more.

i've actually been thinking about a side car for my motorcycle just to haul my dive gear. i'd combine my two favorite things,, and get 45 miles per gallon!! :D

Not in a car, but I rode a pitching, rolling boat 3.5 hrs out to the U352; dove the sub for 25 min.; then rode a pitching, rolling boat back to Morehead City. This was in the early 80's long before the Navy sealed her up and picked all the ordinance up. Well worth the 7 hrs. of pitching and rolling.:)

I have 2 decent quarries within an hour but I have drove a little over 4 hours each way in one day to get in another quarry just for something different. It's not too bad with enough friends along for the ride.

When I lived in AZ, I drove 3 hours one way every other weekend to dive. I also drove 28 hours one way every 3 months to dive in Florida!

Now I just drive about 20 minutes, and that includes a drive to the sheriff's office to get the gate key.

Wow, after reading this, I guess I don't have anything to complain about. Our North Shore shore-diving season is coming up in a couple of months.

I like to go every weekend, but it's a "50 minute" dive. Now, I don't care about the time, but the gas is going to kill me this summer. And I have an Echo - really good on gas.

I don't know. count me crazy, I Guess. I have driven 9 hours for a dive. That's a day travel both ways. Being on North Alabama it is a minimum of 6 hours to warm water. So a person does whatever they have to if they love to dive.

5-30 mins to some good local ocean sites- we are really spoilt- takes longer to get the tank filled than to get to the site! Have driven 8 hrs after work to get to a site to do a particular dive, and flown 30+ hrs to get to the Galapagos, and would do it all again- for a great dive there are no limits!

7.5 hours, travel both ways. really crazy, but that is nothing if the diving is splendid. :)

Me and a couple of dive buddies will pull a marathon trip about once a year,the toughest one went like this,12:00 am left NC headed to ginnie springs,trip takes 7 hours,arrive at ginnie and dive basically all day,put in one night dive for good measure. Find a place to stay,sleep about 6 hours. Next day headed toward Mayo fl and dive troy springs followed by a dip Suwannee river,about 5 pm head to NC,by the time we hit Atlanta I'm seeing double,time to switch drivers,(whew!!)by now the van smell REALLY BAD,can't sleep,wondering what we were thinking and swear to never do it again,finally arrive home around 2:30 am,chuck dive gear in garage,go in house and my wife tells me how bad I smell,hit the shower and finally crash. Next day call dive buddies and talk about how much fun we had and can't wait to do it again. I swear diving is worse than drugs!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom