Is 3 hours crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two hours to Dutch Springs and back is almost routine. Going to try RI this spring. That's about 3 1/2 hrs. Don't yet know if the return trip wil be happening the same day..:D

If you are going to the Jamestown area in RI, I'd say it is worth the drive. It is about 2 hours for me. I often see people from Jersey that drive up there.

2-3 hours is pretty typical for me as well for a local dive site. I can have any kind of diving I want with a 12-13 hour drive but I wouldn't do that in a "day".
Ber :lilbunny:

I've done 4.5 one way to get to the NC coast, but don't like it. Usually I try to stay over the night before with family who are only about 2.5 hours from the coast. My usual quarry (Rawlings) is 2 hours so that's an easy day trip. Heck I have to drive one hour to dive in a pool!

Okay, if we're going to start counting the hours on the boat, I have to submit a revised answer. From my home it's 8 hours to the coast (Gulf of Mexico) and then a 7 hour trip out to the dive site (Flower Gardens NMS). The good news is that the trip usually starts in the evening, so we're on site and ready to dive by 07:00.

Living in the Great state of Ohio and the part of the State I live in I drive 2 hours one way to dive a COLD DARK quarry with 10 ft viz. A 3 hour drive to some good diving I would be all over it.
i live in marietta, it's 3 hrs to twin and almost 7 to portage. twin is a day trip but portage i generally crash on a buddies boat on erie.

I drive to Jupiter and West Palm (Riviera Beach) dive, and drive home quite often. Both are over a two hour drive from Tampa. :palmtree: Bob

As a diver up in Minnesota with our countless lakes, within a hour drive i have
about 40 lakes and a old ore pits with about 7 pits with vis from 1- 50 ft and depths beyond 100'. But the lake visibility many times is less than 15 feet but all are well worth the dives for the short times to get to them. 10-15 minutes

Why be so limiting?

How about 31 hours on planes?

Here where I live in N/W Iowa it's a 2.5 hour drive to West Lake Okoboji. I dive there several times a year till the water starts to turn over and get churned up buy the boating traffic. Then I'll drive 4.5 hours to Lake Francis Case in South Dakota pulling the boat. Get at least two good dives in and come home. There is allways time for a little boat trip around the lake too. It makes for a very long day. Now with the way the price of gas is going I don't thing the boat will be making the trip with me much any more.

I'm 20 minutes from Bainbridge, about 1:30 -2:00 from Dutch Springs... (if we could get Dutch Springs' VIZ at Bainbridge, I'd never leave it!)

We drove from Hershey to the Keys last November...although we didn't do it in one day! (and we're going to do it again THIS November!)

Where's KoreanFrogger...he needs to weigh in on this one!

Back
Top Bottom