Is another problem with DAN brewing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
I did the search before I posted and don't believe what I posted was "old news" ...
The appearance is that SSS released this yesterday in Durham and it was echoed by CDNN with a sensational headline as usual. However, I cant find any other reference to this press release except on CDNN and on boards with new topics probably prompted by the CDNN story. Looks to me like SSS stirring the pot. CDNN did list SSS as their source. JMO.

It will be interesting to see if there is a new release from DAN.

Willie

So the question now is. Are there other chambers in these locations
Bahamas
Baja California
Belize
Cancun
Cozumel
Galapagos
Phuket, Thailand
Playa del Carmen
Samui, Thailand
Yucatan, Mexico

if so
1/ Do they accept DAN insurance
2/ If yes what do they charge compared to SSS
3/ If they do not accept DAN why not

If I need a chamber ride I can't believe any respectable physician would deny it to me. According to DAN's website all you need to do is call them and they will arrange payment immediately or make whatever arrangements are necessary. If a physician in one of these places would deny it I'll be bent with my fingers around his throat.

My only fear in this is that of the quality of care you will recieve due to the battling of the 2 companies. I would not want to get out of the chamber to early or so on. I would feel uncertain even if provided the same care as they would of if this fued was not going as recieving the care with the fued going. That is just me. I am still thinking of getting DAN as other then these articles no one else has ever had any negative comments about them.

genxweb:
My only fear in this is that of the quality of care you will recieve due to the battling of the 2 companies. I would not want to get out of the chamber to early or so on. I would feel uncertain even if provided the same care as they would of if this fued was not going as recieving the care with the fued going. That is just me. I am still thinking of getting DAN as other then these articles no one else has ever had any negative comments about them.

There is more to all this than is being published.
I recently had a trip to the chamber in Palau. Ambulance, emergency room, saline IV, a 1 1/4 hour chamber ride, and a follow up with the Dr the next day. If my memory serves me well total cost around $2000.
So where are all these hundreds of thousand of dollar medical cost coming from?.

I talked to Dan Orr at Our World Underwater and he told me payment would be made to the chambers even at the prices the SSS chambers are charging if a member requires a ride. Whether or not the chambers will accept DAN's money or require the diver to pay is up to the chamber owner.
Ber

cdiver2:
Cozumel

if so
1/ Do they accept DAN insurance
2/ If yes what do they charge compared to SSS

As per Scubaboard's best "on the scene" reporter from Cozumel, Christi of BlueXTC Diving, posted less than 24 hrs ago on the Cozumel forum:

"This topic has come up several times in the last few months. This (no DAN) just applies to the chamber on Calle 5. Dr. Piccolo at the Clinica San Miguel on Calle 6 Nte. between Av. 5 and Av. 10 accepts DAN. In fact I just spoke to them about this last week."

As for charges, no information.

--Wayne

cdiver2:

well... no... the question now is "Is there any truth to this rumour?"

Back
Top Bottom