Is there room for one more newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisconsin, welcome from NJ.
As many have said -don't be afraid of the "stupid" question- there really is no such thing. As to the answers........can't always guarantee.
What can be guaranteed is a source of knowledge and experience second to none.
Ask - and answer away.
Good luck,
MikeD

Hello Wisconsin,
Welcome to your home away from diving trips. Don't let the locals of the board scare you away from the best place on the net to ask any question (no such thing as a stupid question here). If there is a correct answer, you will find it here. We have some great friends from Durand, wonderful cheese, wine/beer/whiskey and snowmobiling.(Never thought I would be out on a frozen lake at night, on a snowmobile doing 70 mph, with a temp of -22 F. That was fun.) So much for memories... (did I spell ... right, Joe?). You will converse with many wonderful people on this site. I have only had the priviledge of meeting one but, I have chatted with many. So, sit back, grab your favorite beverage and absorb all the information you can handle.
Welcome again from Virginia.

Newbies and Oreos are always welcome. Many of us are newbies, but there are some *experienced* (Joewr, that one's for you) salts around that can offer up the occasional, or regular pearl of wisdom. This is one place that you should not have to worry about getting torn apart. We tend to tear into someone, only when they have torn into someone else, so you should be safe. See you around the board, feel free to ask questions, or some of them might be solved just by running a search of the site. K

I see you have met some of the locals. Don't let them scare you most of the people on this board are normal intellegent people.....they just don't post much.

Chad

a very WARM welcome from Bangkok, Thailand....

Could somebody please explain the constant "cheese head" references to those of us not in the know??

Wisconsin - you've come to the right place as a newbie - seek and ye shall find, ask and ye shall be answered, play and ye shall be played with (?? :confused: )

Cheers, fuzzy ears

Originally posted by keralucu
... Could somebody please explain the constant "cheese head" references to those of us not in the know?? ...

Here's what I know. Wisconsin - a BIG producer of cheese. I've seen sporting events where supports of the Wisconsin team actually wear "cheese blocks" (fake) on their heads... go figure... :D

Originally posted by keralucu
Could somebody please explain the constant "cheese head" references to those of us not in the know??

Keralucu,

Serving in my continued role as "hotbot" to the masses, I have found this website for you. The model is showing the "Patriot" version of a Cheesehead Hat, however. The more common version--i.e., used by commoners--resembles the color of slightly stale Swiss Cheese.

It is normally favored by fans of the Green Bay Packers of Green Bay, Wisc. (Is anybody here old enough to remember my hero, Fuzzy Thurston, the greatest pulling guard in the history of football?), the fans of various University of Wisconsin teams...even though they are officially, "Badgers", and other institutions of that great state in the Northern Midwest of the USA.

http://www.cheesehead.com/

Joewr...I hope I won't get badgered about this post...

what do you say Kerlacu? A new chapeau -- we should go out and get a couple.......

Sorry cheeseheads -- I don't think so.

from thesecond largest province in the second largest country in the world.............Ontario Canada

No fears of getting ripped here for asking any question.

One caveat though, ..............be prepared for the answers.......they may shock,amaze and mesmerize you.

Butch :peace:

ps I miss my twin ...Syruss dude

Originally posted by DivingGal
what do you say Kerlacu? A new chapeau -- we should go out and get a couple.......

Sorry cheeseheads -- I don't think so.

.............I am speechless

(But speaking of cheese - what is a famous Wisconsin cheese? I am a lover of curds and whey myself - although not to the extent of purchasing one of those fine chapeaux :p - and am always willing to taste new cheeses)

Back
Top Bottom