Is there room for one more newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank YOU to our resident HOT BOT for doing the research!

He has a bar up in Green Bay full of Packer stuff. I went up for opening day a few years ago and stopped at Fuzzys. He's a very very nice man (even bought me a drink!) Fuzzys bar has better stuff then the Packer Hall of Fame in my opinion, and alot of the players stop in there frequently. I ran into Gilbert Brown and Leroy Butler at an Applebees once too. I wouldn't call them gentlemen....

Wisc.,

I am probably a little older than you...when I saw Fuzzy Thurston play, it was on a B&W TV set! He was part of an awesome line that was anchored by Jim Ringo, the center. Jerry Kramer and Fuzzy were the guards: Kramer was a better physical specimen, but Thurston was incredible in the way he could pull for trap blocking or to lead the famous Green Bay Sweep. There was nobody who could deliver a more devestating block!

I was raised in Southern California near the Rams training camp, but the Packers were "my team" because I liked the name. Then along came Vince Lombardi and it became much easier to cheer for them. I played tackle because I never could master the footwork required to pull effectively; that is why, if for no other reason, I thought Thurston was fantastic. Having to pull with a monster defensive tackle in front of you, and then having the speed to get out in front of a pro halfback, and then having the endurance to deliver a devestating block--that is true athleticism!

Is the the Football Board? Well, Wisc., Fuzzy Thurston would not know me from a fence post, but if you ever see him again, tell him he has one fan in California!

Joewr...does he really go into bars...he seemed such a quiet, sober lad...

Well hello there WISCONSIN....I'm also in Milwaukee (and my step-mother works in Phillips...I was raised in Tomahawk!) It's always nice to meet fellow local divers...

I haven't done any local diving...I'm more of the high temp/vis variety, but would possibly be open to new adventures. Email me if you'd like at mad_diver@hotmail.com. Going to Bonaire on Dec. 26 for 2 weeks, then hopefully to Cozumel in March. Always looking for a buddy...

Hey there Wisconsin! Yep, you're welcome in my swamp anytime. Joewr is the one with all the "original" answers, with Iggie don right there with him. And, Joewr, If you'll come on down, I'll show you where the bodies are...almost half of my swamp is in Louisiana, and I've always heard they have one heck of a mafia...:mean:

from Sunny Florida... With more places to dive than just about anywhere... more ways to get et, too! Come for the scenery, stay to feed the wildlife! BTW, sharks won't be a problem anymore, since they banned us feeding them and all... Florida... the place to be when you just can't cut the cheese anymore! We can't count, but at least we're not Texas. BTW, for a great hoot, check out the red-neck divers and the Diver's parodies threads... you won't be too sorry!

:tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom