Is this real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have nothing to back it other than the ripples ... only a person photoshopping adds details that "logically" should be there.

Well even if it is a fake there's no reason to assume that it couldn't have been a real photo if someone had been in the right place at the right time...

On the subject of sky diving I've only done it once and it scared me so much that I wouldn't get in an airplane for over 3 years. The only thing that made me fly again was booking a diving trip!!

simonspear:
Well even if it is a fake there's no reason to assume that it couldn't have been a real photo if someone had been in the right place at the right time...

On the subject of sky diving I've only done it once and it scared me so much that I wouldn't get in an airplane for over 3 years. The only thing that made me fly again was booking a diving trip!!

It still scares me so much that when I am about to go I ask myself "What the *insert bad word here* am I doing and why"

Id SCUBA but I do not know how to swim so once I have to do my water training in skydiving, then I will think of a dive... Have a "dream itenary" for a dive trip at the Great Barrier Reef so one day... just not anytime soon :D

the pics were taken in South Africa

scroll down to see the pic in its original context:

http://www.africageographic.com/

I think, sometimes, lightening can be caught in a bottle. This discussion of the authenticity of the shark encounter tells me that we, as observers of photography, have become jaded. And understandably so with the popularity of altered photos.

That said, I think I'm going to choose to believe this one based on the source and the second photograph.

Wow!

Scuba Jerm:
Yep, looks like a photoshop junky had some fun. A great white in the tropics? Ya right!

It does look like the tropics, but those waters can get cold.
I tried swimming in the Atlantic when I lived in Cape Town - only once. After that I stuck to the heated pools (I'm a warm water wuss :) ).

On the side where the photograph was taken, I think the water is usually a few degrees warmer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom