JUNE 2010 in Cozumel!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a better idea! Why dont you change your dates to November and I'll give you your own special blue and maybe a fancy font!:D

Would..if I could..but already paid for the reservation in December. Couldn't resist the low price..just over $800/person(this includes tax) for RT air from Ohio and AI at Iberostar for the week(usually get it cheaper,but with the economy bouncin' around I went ahead and bought).
Maybe I'll add an extra trip for November this year just so I can feel "special" with my very own blue and fancy font.:eyebrow:

Would..if I could..but already paid for the reservation in December. Couldn't resist the low price..just over $800/person(this includes tax) for RT air from Ohio and AI at Iberostar for the week(usually get it cheaper,but with the economy bouncin' around I went ahead and bought).
Maybe I'll add an extra trip for November this year just so I can feel "special" with my very own blue and fancy font.:eyebrow:

I know what you mean about jumping on a deal ..... although our airfare is about standard at $840 for the November trip, I booked an ocean-view room at Fiesta Americana and a Hertz car for a total of $505. It's not the AI plan, but we also have $100 resort credit, so that will help. And dinners in town are so cheap, we don't spend very much on food anyway. All this Coz talk makes me wish November was here already!! :D

Standing on the balcony of my room at El Cid la Cieba. There is an overcast sky, no rain at present, however looks like some may be in the future. Waters are calm. Very similar to yesterday. Boats and diving should be a go as usual. Granted, we have had rain, however the diving has been wonderful. On one dive yesterday, 1Huge lobster out and about with 5 others very visible, 2 Huge green moray, 5 splendid toads, basically all in a row, partially exposed as the were out due to the overcast skies. One was an infant and one of the cutest little babies I have ever seen, 3 turtles which included one Mucho Grande who was munching away on some coral with his fish buddies cleaning up his scraps. Currents have been moderate to none. Nothing unusual for Coz. As I type, the dive boats are underway. Today is a sit out day for Michael and I. Wish we were diving. However a day break from 4 dive days, 10 dives, each ranging between 63 - 90 min,101 - 45 feet , does the body good. Two more days of diving with Blue XT Sea Diving, and looking forward to it. Did someone mention there was a Tropical storm? Hmm, I wonder where it is ?

Hey Sue! Had lunch at Kim Phung yesterday - thought of you!!:D Sounds like you're getting in some good diving, and the marine life is cooperating. Hope Alex doesn't mess with your schedule. Looking forward to hearing what you think of El Cid when you get back ... it's been on our 'maybe' list of hotel choices.

Hi Kathy, yes, all is well and getting some great diving in. Although a little wetter the past couple of days, a good time for sure. With the storm pretty well cleared out, the next few days should be even better. El Cid is fine. However not too many people here at present. When things are in full swing Michael and would prefer a quieter non-resort atmosphere. Overall it is OK and if the deal is right, we would consider staying here again. Let's face it, $399.00 total for 9 nights really is a deal maker. Thankyou Orbitz !!! Will touch base with you next week and we can set up a lunch. Kim Phung or even somewhere else. Do we dare ??? :) :) ! See ya !

I know what you mean about jumping on a deal ..... although our airfare is about standard at $840 for the November trip, I booked an ocean-view room at Fiesta Americana and a Hertz car for a total of $505. It's not the AI plan, but we also have $100 resort credit, so that will help. And dinners in town are so cheap, we don't spend very much on food anyway. All this Coz talk makes me wish November was here already!! :D

Do I read this correctly when you say your airfare is $420/person from Texas??? Guess I do get a deal from Ohio..air, transfers,room,food and booze for a week for $800 or less. I had no idea the airfare was so high from Texas..geez. One more good reason to live in Buckeye country!!!:D

Just got back last night around midnight.Dove with Scuba Mau and can't say enough good things about them.Went on this trip with my 12 year old grandson and everybody at the shop was great with him and he can't wait to go back.He had a great time with Monkey and Eddie.
The shop is well run by Opal and Mau,the boats are operated on time,safely and with pleanty of enthusiasm.These guys love what they do and it is very noticable.I have been going to Coz for 12 years and have to say this is my new dive shop.Also had a few days of diving with Cozdreamer and her husband and want to say it was nice diving with you guys.
I have already booked my trip for Oct.and can't wait to get back.

Njones259, we're out of water today to off gas some and be with little guy again for family time. Heading back for more tanks in the AM with Scuba Mau. We are pleasantly pleased too with their dive op. It was indeed cool to see you diving with your grandson and enjoy a few dives with you two! We caught a glimpse of what it will be like in 3 years when our little guy can be on the boat with us too. Thanks for the fun diving. It was nice to meet you! Glad you got home safely. Take care. Tonya from North Carolina.

Got my 3rd lionfish today and saw 6 others leave the reef permanently.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just two more June SBers to turn BLUE!!!! How fast the days fly!!:(

05/23 - 06/02 - boscobc El Cid, Diving with Jeremy
05/28 - 06/02 - ReefHound, w/CHUM group, Hotel Barracuda, Scuba Mau
05/26 - 06/15 - scubavaquera, w/ 2 friends, Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise & Blue Angel
05/28 - 06/05 - underachiever + 3, Villablanca, Scuba Mau
05/28 - 06/06 - diver 86, Villa TanKah, Scuba Shack
05/29 - 06/05 - Hammer67 +4, Suites Bahia, Blue XT~Sea
05/30 - 06/06 - Firefyter, Hotel Cozumel, Blue Angel
06/02 - 06/09 - Soonerwink, Park Royal, Dive with Martin
06/03 - 06/07 - A2thaK, w/wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
06/04 - 06/12 - Diver Kat & Alan, Casa Carlita, Scuba with Alison
06/04 - 06/12 - jhayes75 ,Casa del Mar, Dive With Martin.
06/05 - 06/12 - bud96, & Tony w/the wives, Cozumel Palace, Dive with Martin
06/05 - 06/12 - Ontwreckdiver w/Non-diving wife, Iberostar, Living-Underwater or Scuba Tony
06/06 - 06/10 - reddiver970, & En Bloc, Park Royal, diving ???
06/07 - 06/15 - scubacoz22, w/hubby, and lots of family & friends, Park Royale, Aldora
06/10 - 06/17 - BigFloyd, w/ buddy Keith, Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Mau
06/10 - 06/17 - Willar, Iberostar w/ wife & daughter & son, Dressel
06/11 - 06/18 - SaltyKSue, Casa Tropicale, Dive with Martin
06/12 - 06/19 - romberg, staying in Playa & ferrying over daily, diving ????
06/13 -06/20 - Seekup, w/husband, Casa Mexicana, Scuba Mau
06/14 - 06/19 - cruisediver69, w/wife, Hotel Cozumel, ScubaMau
06/15 - 10/31 - Texas Torpedo, Palmar Condos, Diving with Blue XT~Sea
06/16 - 06/23 - pidgiepoo, w/ husband & 2 certified grandsons, Iberostar, Dive With Martin
06/16 - 07/21 - Pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
06/17 - 06/26 - dewayne405, Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Mau.
06/18 - 06/25 - Lkyman, Park Royal, Chucho Underwater
06/18 - 06/25 - CHT, w/non-diving family, Iberostar, ????[/COLOR]
06/19 - 06/27 - kcdiver56 w/granddaughter & friends, Villa Aldora, Aldora
06/20 - 06/26 - Hemlon, Wyndham-Sabor, Sand Dollar
06/20 - 06/26 - rorhound, with wifie & group, Cozumel Sol in Costa del Sol, Papa Hogs
06/20 - 06/27 - njones259, w/grandson, Villablanca, Blue Angel.
06/20 - 06/28 - jhelmuth, w/group, Fiesta Americana, Dive House
06/20 - 07/03 - Cozdreamer - w/husband & non-diving child & mom, Hotel Barracuda, private home & Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Mau
06/20 - 06/25 - RussatL3, & Becky, staying Villa Blanca, Scuba Mau
06/21 - 06/29 - djdande, & brother, Bahia, Aldora
06/22 - 06/29 - tham & wife, Hotel Barracuda, Dive Paradise
06/24 - 07/01 - Kimo Bonaire, Iberostar, Dressel
06/24 - 07/06 - MAGELLAN, w/wife, Casa Martillo, Eagle Ray divers
06/24 - 07/01 - 1erCRU, & Ginger, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
06/26 - 07/02 - divefamily09, w/wife, Hotel Cozumel, Mestizo Divers.
06/26 - 07/02 - duroejc w/Spousal Alternative & 3 kids (all certified), Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
06/26 - 07/03 - OldSarg, Park Royal, ????
06/26 - 07/03 - Mike81, Fiesta Americana, Scuba with Alison
06/26 - 07/11 - JoeinLA, Villa Las Anclas, diving ???
06/27 - 07/03 - NotLloydBridges Vista del Mar,Scuba Mau
06/27 - 07/06 - atatt, w/ Husband & Daughter, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau
06/28 - 07/06 - gedmondson, w/wife & son, Cantomar condos, Aldora
06/28 - 07/06 - psychocabbage, w/wife & 3 daughters, Dos Loros in Costa Del Sol, Del Mar.
06/28 - 07/08 - chace_nicol, Casa Del Mar, Scuba with Alison

06/29 - 07/07 - MMM, my house, Living Underwater
06/29 - 07/12 - Billindenver, Costa del Sol, Aldora

Last edited:
Do I read this correctly when you say your airfare is $420/person from Texas??? Guess I do get a deal from Ohio..air, transfers,room,food and booze for a week for $800 or less. I had no idea the airfare was so high from Texas..geez. One more good reason to live in Buckeye country!!!:D

Yup! We've paid anywhere from $320 to $500+ for airfare to get to Coz. I almost think because Coz is so popular with Texans, they hike the price up a bit. Of course $100 of it is usually taxes, so the $320 we paid last year was a super deal. When I add up our usual expenses, we'll pay about the same as you per person on this next trip, and have a rental car in the deal as well. If we didn't want a ocean view I could knock another $100+ off the total. I can't complain - going to Coz is about the cheapest dive vacation out there for us.:D

Back
Top Bottom