Jupiter anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to be in Titusville on 16, 17, 18, 19 and leaving on 20. Would anyone be up for diving Jupiter on the 19th? I dont know what the dive culture there is or if there is a minimum number of people for the boats go out on weekdays but nevertheless, it would be fun to hook up with some scubaboard locals.

Cheers -

CS

www.jupiterscubadiving.com is my favorite operator. Capt SL8R almost always has divers going out, welcomes newbies (as in new to the boat....new divers are welcome too!). The bad news is that he is dark Monday and Tuesday.

Dark=closed for business

Thanks. I've never heard this term for "closed." I didn't know if it meant on the pipe, depressed, or going-to-meet-the-parole-officer. Does "light" connote "open for business?"

Thanks. I've never heard this term for "closed." I didn't know if it meant on the pipe, depressed, or going-to-meet-the-parole-officer. Does "light" connote "open for business?"

I think the phrase was used originally in terms of a theatre being closed and offering no performances. I haven't heard the term "light" to describe an open business, though. Maybe you could start a new trend??:D

The term 'dark' is also used in real estate investing circles. For example, if K-mart or Publix vacates a location before the end of the lease, but continues to pay the lease payments even though they don't continue to operate the store, then the owner/developer has a mall in which the anchor tenant is 'dark'. In this case, the developer sitll receives lease paymetns but this is bad for the in-line tenants since many depend on traffic created by an operating anchor tenant for their business. Sometimes the term is also used if the major tenant simply vacates after their lease is expired. Regardless, in both cases, its bad for the non-anchor tenants if an operating anchor is not present.

So, if you ever open retail shop that is not a destination store (like a dive shop) in a shopping center where you depend on traffic created by the anchor, you'll want to be able to to have a provision in your lease that lets you get out of the lease if the anchor 'goes dark'.

Now you can talk shop with your real estate investing friends....... now back to diving after going down that rabbit hole

Unfortunately I'm trapped in NC for the winter but check with Narcosis out of WPB. They run on Tuesday's and often it's just locals including hunters if that's of interest to you. I have never had them cancel a trip on me and they often do the more southern Jupiter sites including Shark Canyon, Juno and Area 51. I highly recommend all three.

We also run every day. 6 pack! Hot water, 24 tank rack and great company.Check out our rig. 600.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom