Just a little question =)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 40. Would like to do more, but distance to good sites is a factor, and everything close is really uninteresting. Plus my buddy has 3 things to work on--a new house, boat and girlfreind....So my dives have been solo, shallow and uninteresting.

That must have been hell on the ole dive computer.

Actually, the computers either don't go that deep or can't handle the 6 to 14 day decompression profile. It's the dive supervisor's job to look after it, so the divers are just along for the ride. Although I usually act as a Diving Superintendent or Supervisor now, I like to do saturation when I can (it's a lot less pressure). I'm getting older, so the company likes it best when I'm topside. :)

I like to do saturation when I can (it's a lot less pressure).

In a manner of speaking.... LOL

OldNSalty:
That must have been hell on the ole dive computer.
The very point, decompression wise, about saturation diving is that after a certain point, the amount of bottom time doesn't make any difference in terms of the deco-schedule.... I seriously doubt that anything you or I recognise as a dive computer would be very useful in that context.

R..

Averaging 100

2009 is at 83 now and will be on the shy side of 100. Some years have been equally over.

More than 90 % are local New England dives.

Pete

Stopped logging dives years ago, but I can give a good estimate.

25-40 for the aquarium, 4-6 dives a month minimum (1 dive weekend), and assorted extras (~12-20?)...

Between (25+48+12) 85 and (40+72+20) 132 average dives a year, not counting vacations.

200+ but, I taught at a diveshop over the summer 4 days aweek and am SAR diver for the Sheriff's dept. and I dive alot on my freetime....The wife really approves lol....

Greetings Kelly and how have you been? I usually average 75-100 dives a year and I am hoping for 150 in 2010. I am looking forward to some really great wreck diving this coming year as well as some stellar local lake diving. I wish I lived closer to the lakes but they are only an hour and a half away. Close for the week ends but just far enough I can not make it after work. I wish there were caves and sink holes hear in central IN.
There is a under ground river that sounds interesting but without entrance or exit pretty tough to get there.
How many dives are you going to get in this year? We are planning a new years eve dive for 2010-20011. An over-nighter of coarse with diving the next day. I hope the weather works with us.
Safe diving everyone and enjoy your dives no matter how many you have!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Back
Top Bottom