Kubi glove options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer,
could you send me photos how to mount Showa's on KUBI rings?
This is the video that I used to guide me in getting Showa gloves mounted on Kubi rings.

Fitting Showa 660 size 9/Large to Kubi 80mm Glove Ring (Cotton Lined Gloves)

I made my temporary ring for my 80mm Kubis from a cardboard tube about 3.75" in diameter (Balvenie Scotch container) and then just cut it to remove it (this will make sense once you see the video). Once I figured out the process, it only took a couple of tries to get it and the mounting only takes a couple of minutes. The biggest thing is getting the right tool.

There's also a nice video in that thread about the differences between the various Showa gloves. My summary:

Built-in Liner Removable (or no) Liner
Thin X 660
Medium 460 465
Thick 490 495

And I learned that with a pair of scissors, the generally cheaper and more widely available 490 can be turned into the 495 by cutting out the liner. And that let me get them from Amazon with 2-day prime shipping. These have a different branding, but look the same and are even cheaper.

Good luck!

EDIT: For some reason, the little table looks correct in the editing window with the monospace font (Courier New), but isn't right in the post. I don't know how to fix it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom