Kudos to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh jeez, I gotta spill my guts now. I have a lot of guts, but I'll try to keep it short.

Thanks to you all I now know that I don't know what I don't know. And I understand why my diving experience in the '80's ended w/ me quitting the sport.

I've also been reminded of the fun and adventure of diving, have gotten back into it, and lost about 20 lbs. (A few more to go, now 6'4", 250lb.) I think I'll also gain some years.

This is the first internet forum that I've participated in, and I've found the other participants to be witty, crude, funny, crazy, very intelligent, and just plain fun to interact w/. You get that in everyday life, but when do you get to hang around 70k people?

I'm still a newbie at diving and this forum and it's a big thrill to read some of the stories (thallasamania!) and live a little through someone elses adventure. It helps to get me through the week, and is a good reminder of the things I can aspire to achieve in my life.

I've learned alot from the folks here. I'd have to say lamont is an inspiration. I think he's the master of understatement, then there's H2Andy. It's right that he has one of the highest post counts; I think each post he leaves improves the place (unlike some of mine) no matter what someone else says.

We are in a unique category. Diving is probably one of the most potentially dangerous sports. I guess I just find the personalities that are drawn to the risk management element of diving pretty fascinating. So that's it.

I'm sorry if I left anyone out! Please know that, to me, YOU are a big part of ScubaBoard!

Thanks.

ps. Where can I get my red bumper sticker?

This is fun to read. I've been entertained and informed. I've also had a chance to meet and dive with some s'boarders. If the planets line up just right I might get a chance to get to Florida in March and share some air with a couple o'Conchs. By the way, DandyDon, the hat transplant seems to have been successful. This one looks like it works better for you.

mrfixitchapman:
This is fun to read. I've been entertained and informed. I've also had a chance to meet and dive with some s'boarders. If the planets line up just right I might get a chance to get to Florida in March and share some air with a couple o'Conchs. By the way, DandyDon, the hat transplant seems to have been successful. This one looks like it works better for you.

You, as well as others, point out one of the benefits of scubaboard. meeting people from places that you intend to visit, or move. Setting up dive buddies in a fashion that would be impossible to do using traditional means. I was able to "meet" my future dive buddies here in Florida, even before I had my house sold up north.

Thanks ScubaBoard, or as another posted corrected... Thanks to the people of ScubaBoard!

Thanks to you PHD, after all the posts in your other thread!!!

I'm Just Kidding!!!!

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom