Kudos to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
There has been a trend towards pointing out the problems with ScubaBoard. I am far from innocent in this. But, it is also obvious by the emotions shown in these posts that the people involved care about the board.

So, I'ld like to take a moment to say thanks to ScubaBoard. It's thanks to ScubaBoard that I have met the people I dive with. Found dive locations I might otherwise not have learned about. And even though I ended up with a girlfriend through ScubaBoard, I won't let that taint my view of the value if the board.

There are many people who I am lucky to know through ScubaBoard, that I never would have spoken with. Events and gatherings that I would have missed, were it not for ScubaBoard. Hours of boredom held at bay, yup, thanks to ScubaBoard.

So, if like me, you have found yourself feeling critical of an aspect or two of the board. Take a breath and think, why it is you keep coming back, and say thanks.

You know, I learned to dive from two individuals, but I learned to DIVE here on :sblogo:. Shameless plug? Yah, I'm guilty!

Here, Here!

This place is fun, and the people are great. It's like anyone's own great big dysfunctional family which also happens to dive.

Thanks NetDoc, et. al.! :)

photohikedive:
..... And even though I ended up with a girlfriend through ScubaBoard, ......

you called her your girlfriend....... :D...... youre a dead man!

and you didnt mention the tim tams from australia!!

well thru scubaboard i was diving with a canuck last weekend and i was pmd last night about a Dec visit from another SB'er and i hope to met those in MOF land one day!

the world is def getting smaller

almitywife:
you called her your girlfriend....... :D...... youre a dead man!

and you didnt mention the tim tams from australia!!

well thru scubaboard i was diving with a canuck last weekend and i was pmd last night about a Dec visit from another SB'er and i hope to met those in MOF land one day!

the world is def getting smaller

she wants to know what I am supposed to call her?

and she just pointed out that I failed to mention the tim tams, that SHE got, and they were hard to get away from her. the crumbs were delicious though.

so, officially, yes, Thanks ScubaBoard for the taste of TimTams

Can I trade my extra ScubaBoard sticker for some TimTams? :)

I need a new sticker, the cap on my truck, covered mine.

I need some cards to hand out too. when we do actually go diving, we are always spreading the word to divers we meet at the sites. never know who might want to show up at the next SB dive meet

What are Tim Tams? I keep hearing about them here on SB... but I have no idea what they are?

And, yes... THANK YOU, SCUBABOARD... for sooooooo many things! I have found great dive buddies, learned countless important "need (or nice) to know" things, started planning the first ever "Girls Dive Weekend", befriended numerous fellow divers (via email, phone, and in life!), and last, but not least... I've found a ton of fellow divers that are very motivational in fitness and weight loss. I'm sure there's other things to thank SB for... but I could go on and on and on!

we'll try to keep this thread on topic, but to answer your question, timtams are an austrailian cookie. very delicious, several different flavors.

I'll chime in ...
I found that ScubaBoard has the most Caring, Friendly, Informative, Passionate ( & sometimes ornery :wink: ) group anywhere
.... Nice place you got here Doc :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom