Legend Supreme LX - Left/Right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep29

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 2nd reg for diving ID's, and for that purpose would like a Lefthand reg. I'm the happy owner of a Legend Supreme LX, and would like to buy one more, if its possible to shift it around.

I can't find any info on the web regarding this. Aqualung makes an effort of indicating which of the Apeks regs can be shifted around, but says noting aboud the Aqualungs...

Thanks
Deep29

Legend regs, any version are RH only and cannot be converted. Apeks are essentially the same regulator, and can be converted. If you're happy with the Legend series (I own 5 of them), the Apeks will serve you well.... Hope this helps...

Best

Thanks - XTX50 it will be than.
To be honest, there are several regs in the Aqualung and Apeks reg lines that can be switched from right- to left-handed configuration.
All of the Apeks XTX 2nd stages can be "reversed."
The XTX20 would be cheaper than the XTX50, if you didn't need/want the inhalation adjustment knob on the XTX50. Personally, I like having the adjustment knob.
The new Aqualung Titan is reversible...as well as the new Aqualung Calypso. Both of these are classic downstream valves, whereas the Apeks are all barrel poppet design.
The only potential problem I see with the new Titan and Calypso 2nd stages is the "quick disconnect" that Aqualung has added. It allows a user to detach the reg hose from the 2nd stage via unscrewing the union by hand to make it easier to rinse the 2nd stages or pack them for travel. I'm not sure whether a regular old reg hose can be used with the these new 2nd stages. Ask a local dealer about this before buying anything.

Back
Top Bottom