LeisurePro an OK outfit to buy online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the boards,

I have made several purchases from Leisure Pro. Never had any problems. They have a 14 day satisfaction garaunteed return policy.

When purchasing from them you may not get a manufacturers warranty. You get a Leisure Pro Warranty. You may want to check into this before buying things like regs or BC's.

See you 'round the boards!!

:D

Hello RO,

Welcome to the board. Like Tavi, I have purchased several items from LP and have been happy with their service. The only real problem I have with them is the same one I have with all mail order stores, many of the manufactures of scuba equipment do not honor their warrenty if the equipment is purchased on line. Not really a problem with small stuff but I would hate to have a reg that did not have any warranty. Also, there is a lot of value in the personal service that you get from a good LDS.

My gf and I just bought a women's farmer jane/shortie, a hood, and a hooded vest from LP...everything came fast and was perfect out of the box. We saved at least a couple hundred over the price the LDS wanted for the same stuff.

Just called leisurepro for some gearbags. Needed them this week and they should arrive on wednesday.

Never had any problems to worry so far.

waterdogs

I have had great luck with LeisurePro. If you call, they know their inventory, doublecheck on sizing, make suggestions (like I forgot to get hangers for 2 shorties).
They even recognized me when I phoned in a second order (must be the distinctive Minnie Mouse voice I have!)
Doublecheck on warranty info - for instance, I bought my new regulator at the LDS because I wanted the manufacturer warranty. But for other items, LeisurePro is significantly less money. The best on-line dive supplier we have used.

My wife and I have ordered from LeisurePro several times and they are the best online shop I have dealt with for dive gear. So far our purchases have been limited to wetsuits and camera equipment but I have been very impressed with the service. I am not sure I will ever buy regulators from them, the reason being I want to be able to put my hands around the throat of anyone who I trust my regualtors with, but for everything else I trust them a great deal.

I have purchased some items from Leisure pro without a problem. I limit the type of item that I'd purchase to one's that I can do without if necessary or one's that are easily obtained if I have a problem. For example, I've purchased a camera and a wet bag and a second wetsuit. For most items, I prefer to purchase from my LDS. I have had several instances when I've needed repairs on gear and I've been able borrow stuff at no cost from my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom