List the Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

1. Salty Endeavors is happy to pick you up and drop you off at your hotel pier.
2. We have a single 6pk fast boat for small groups which is getting a complete face lift right now. If you wish to see the complete remodel project start to finish (it's not done yet) you can follow along right here - Boat Remodel - Updating the Libra II - Salty Endeavors
3. We are always happy to rinse and dry your gear and store it safely in our shop overnight. The following day your gear will be ready and assembled on a fresh tank ready for your to backroll.

Social media links below in my signature. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with. Safe travels!

I was on the "Big Splash" boat a few times. I'll never scuba a cattle boat again. You won't see many critters bc the rest of the group will scare them away. Of course, i am the one always in the back of the group, and most of the time, see what everyone else is looking at from a big distance away to avoid the clusterf...

OP: I would say just about any dive op will pick up at hotel cozumel. Sometimes my op has me take a cab to the marina, but I use a private DM i am friends with there

I have to agree with ReefHounds reasoning re the AI option. People don't look at the cost of non alcohol drinks when saying they are non drinkers. A beer or a Coke costs roughly the same at the hotel, & so does a glass of lemonade. If you hang out around the pool, beach club or sports bar sharing photos & videos from the day's diving one can consume the full value of the AI option easily without eating lunch or dinner at the hotel. I also agree with the time analysis. Start to finish it can easily eat up 2 hours going into town for a meal. It's your time so use it however you want but I have always got full value from the AI option & still eat out several times too.

Perhaps I should clarify that the AI option doesn't make sense for ME. For starters, I am NOT a heavy drinker; in fact, I probably fall at the lowest end of the scale for social drinkers. A two-cocktail dinner is heavy drinking for me, and I might have a beer (just one) with lunch one day out of a week. And, since I'm a diabetic, I almost never drink sweetened soft drinks, and I can't stand the taste of diet drinks; water is my drink of choice. So the inclusion of beverages in the AI program adds no value for ME. You may well feel differently if you enjoy several margaritas a day or if you chug Coca Colas or lemonade while on vacation. Also, I'm getting older, and a two-tank morning dive trip is plenty for me most days (though I love night dives, and do like to arrange for at least one during a week of diving), so I'm not moved by the convenience of a quick 20-minute lunch to get back on the boat for the afternoon dives. Your view may be different if you are dedicated to getting in as much bottom time as possible on every dive trip. Finally, I am a foodie - I love to cook, and I love to eat well. Even if AI saved me money on Cozumel (which it doesn't), I'd still opt for trips to varied restaurants for memorable meals rather than simply getting necessary nutrition at a marginal hotel buffet. But again, your desires may be different. I know several divers who love the AI at Hotel Coz because, as far as they are concerned, any food that fuels their body will do. DSFDF. Make up your own mind.

Lol...just the thought of their AI food makes me nauseous!

Now, the food at the Occidental AI was rather good and there are 6 restaurants to choose from. And at $1100 for two AI, I think it's a screaming deal....add in free Nitrox with on site ProDive, and that all makes for a happy family vacation! I'll be there once again Dec 16-23rd....

Even at this cost, we dine in town a few night because there are some establishments that just shouldn't be missed along with the Tequila bar:)

I have decided im getting all inclusive on the meal plan because if i dive mor ing and afyernoon i want something convienient. the other reason is its super cheap. however i plan on going into town and trying out some restaurants for sure.

Question however: those people are saying its nasty food... is it the flavor or type of food served or did the food actually make you sick? if its the latter thats a differant think all together.

There is no flavor.....breakfast, you'll find something edible, but I'd rather eat at Taco Bell than the restaurant or poolside greese spoon! Oh, and I've never eaten at a Taco Bell :wink:

Good luck if you're eating three squares daily there.

For me, the problem with the Hotel Coz food was that it was bland, flavorless, and monotonous. It wasn't that it tasted so bad as to be inedible, and I never got sick, but there just wasn't anything to like - no flavor, no variety. I'm sure that I could live on plain oatmeal for a week, but who would want to?

Breakfast was OK, though the coffee is swill - all the flavor of dirty dishwater. But I'm the type that NEEDS something to eat in the morning before diving, and I could usually find something at the breakfast buffet, whether french toast, pancakes, or an omelet made to order. The bacon was OK, as was the ham; those sausages had all the flavor of canned Vienna Sausages, which even my dog won't eat.

Last edited:
Can't say I feel that way about the food. Last 2 trips they served the best Roast Pork I've ever had & they have roast Turkey at least once during my 2 week trips, plus Roast Beef that's pretty good but not on par with Alberta Beef. Guess based on some of your comments this winter's 3 week trip could be the beginning of a diet I'm not planning on being on, but I doubt it. As for getting sick from the food it's not likely but anyone can have allergies to spices etc used in other countries.

I see there is a mixed bag of comments on the food there. I have never been to an AI where I couldn't find something I liked. I'm not that particular as long as there is variety I'm sure I will find something fitting. If anything else the Bfast is fine and thats important for a good dive. Having said the above I have been to good AI's better AI's and amazing AI's... if this is worse than at least good, I would be surprised. the great thing is that I plan on going into town to try some restaurants there and thats fairly close so at least there is alternatives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom