List the Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sergio is awesome he already got back to me on the bikes and lockers. great customer service so far. wow.

anyone ever ride out to the lighthouse? That's definitely something i want to do. Looks like my Cammelback is coming with me on this trip. I should have some nice gopro footage of the ride when I come back if anyone is interested. waaahoo!

ok 18-19 miles from hotel cozumel to lighthouse. On an upright cruzing bike thats a bit much but I can reach the northern beaches 10 miles away for some snorkeling in the afternoon/evening. anyone know how the snorkeling is on the nothth side of the island?
View attachment 431221

Last time I went to the lighthouse, it was free, no punta sur park. There was a homless Mexican family squatting in it. 1991 I think.

yikes! maybe I will bring a meal to share when I am there. :wink:

can you go upto the top of the lighthouse?

Even if they have bikes, don't expect too much more than a bucket of rust....I rented a road bike in town for a day and rode 35 miles....if you google, you'll get a few rental shops with proper road bikes. Make sure you inform them of which shoe clips your bringing.

And be careful...locals own the road even when there wrong!

Even if they have bikes, don't expect too much more than a bucket of rust....I rented a road bike in town for a day and rode 35 miles....if you google, you'll get a few rental shops with proper road bikes. Make sure you inform them of which shoe clips your bringing.

And be careful...locals own the road even when there wrong!

I will see the condition of the bikes once there, perhaps a mountain bike would be better. How much was the rental? what did you rent? and was it worth the ride? did you snorkel?

was it worth the ride? did you snorkel?

No, I scuba :)....yes, if you like to peddle like I do, then it's worth the ride.

No, I scuba :)....yes, if you like to peddle like I do, then it's worth the ride.

if you never free dive you are missing out. Loose that tank sometimes and be free man. lol

sergio is awesome he already got back to me on the bikes and lockers. great customer service so far. wow.

And... what was the response?

Never snorkeled north beaches but you can snrkel off the hotel dock. Or 1/4 mile walk south to Blue Angel, by the stingray pen, is where a lot of boat snorkel tours go. With 10-20' depths it's easy to dive down and stay long enough to video.

Back
Top Bottom