Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to drag this up..... But
I splashed my first set of doubles this weekend with 7' hose on right post and had nothing but issues. I believe in the system routing the hose around behind the kneck, but tucking the loop in my waist strap was a pita.
I tried the loop on the side it came out, Itried the loop in the front it came out,. Dive two I tightned up my waist strap, same result both locations. I am not purchasing a can light any time soon, so back to the OP, how do you secure the loop for easy replacement sans a can light?
Is the simple addition of a pair of shears in a sheath, or short knife all it takes? any advice on this would be apreciated, due to finishing two dives with the loop plopping around is not what anybody would call an ideal situation.
thanx in advance
Eric

Before I had my can, I used both shears, and a waist mounted pocket which held the spare mask and/or wetnotes.

Do the shears alone provide enough of an anchor point to secure the loop and deploy, and then re-secure?

Eric

I splashed my first set of doubles this weekend with 7' hose on right post and had nothing but issues. I believe in the system routing the hose around behind the kneck, but tucking the loop in my waist strap was a pita.
I tried the loop on the side it came out, Itried the loop in the front it came out,. Dive two I tightned up my waist strap, same result both locations. I am not purchasing a can light any time soon, so back to the OP, how do you secure the loop for easy replacement sans a can light?
Is the simple addition of a pair of shears in a sheath, or short knife all it takes? any advice on this would be apreciated, due to finishing two dives with the loop plopping around is not what anybody would call an ideal situation.
thanx in advance
Eric
Back to the routing issue... when I don't use a can light, I run the long hose so that it tucks between the tank and the wing. The hose will make a turn at the bottom of the wing. From there, the routing is the same. I suppose that your long hose has to come off the first stage pointing
"down"- this routing might not work so well if it comes off to the side.

The air in the wing will help hold the hose in place. I sometimes have to adjust it underwater since the air/wing/buoyancy thing doesn't work on dry land. In this case, when I tuck the hose between the tank and wing, I'll roll onto my left side to open up the gap between the tank and wing on my right side. As I roll back to level, I tug the hose at the bottom of the wing to take out the slack.

thanx in advance
Eric

Another option, a rare one I'm sure. I've seen others do it and I have tried it and it
holds that long hose tight. None of my instructors said anything wrong with it. Tuck it in your scooter ring. A little bend, not enought to kink, and slide it in that metal ring. It will stay there very nicely.
Kal

thanx in advance

I'm fairly new to this, so caveat something-or-other. When I first used a long hose, I was diving a Dive Rite harness with a very narrow crotch strap. I tucked the long hose in the (padded) waist band, but I had nothing but trouble.

I removed all the padding, ditched most of the D rings, tried again. Stowing the hose was better, but a PITA. I assumed I was the problem. I then bought a SS BP that was already set up. The seller even left me some trim weights and a little knife in a holder that was attached to the full-sized crotch strap. It sits in the loop right at the wist, held on by cable ties. I ignored this and stuffed the hose.

Then I went diving with a DIR buddy. We were practicing donations, and he saw me struggling to re-stow the hose in my waist strap. he hooked it under the knife holder for me. Wow!!!!! It was so fast, so easy, and completely secure.

Again, total newbie here. But if you're looking for proof that it's so easy any idiot can do it, I am the authority on that. Hook it under your knife.

When not diving a can light, I tuck the long hose under my safety reel (on right hip D-ring).

theskull

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom