Looking for an operator that caters to divers, not just tourists who dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Scubamau will fill your order fine. Fast boats, great dms, dive your gas, fresh fruit and water bottles, beach SI, go far north or south no extra charge. Opal and Mau will do their darndest to make sure your dives are great and fulfilling. Lots of fun on the 6 packs but when it comes to business of diving second to none. I have over a thousand dives with them and have a blast every time. O ya the prices are great too. Just tell Opal Kevin told ya to write. scubamaucozumel.com If they cant get you out and I doubt that, then I would highly recommend Blue xt sea. Christi is another one that will be full of knowledge for you, like Opal at scubamau.( kev) for what it's worth, I understood your question!

Scuba Cowboy dive ops for the win:

Grant2_2011.jpg

I do wear a hit like that to Coz. :cowboy: I stopped wearing my boots on the plane tho. Had to cut back on luggage so I wear my sneakers instead of carry them.

Aldora - fast boats, impeccable service, 120 cu. ft steel tanks, one of the only ops that will go to the extreme south (Maracaibo), if there is an air hog the DM's will let that diver stay on their hose until someone else reaches 1000 or below.

You say this like it's a good thing.

FWIW, I understand where the OP's coming from. If you're going to force me to adhere to the herd mentality of staying with the horde of gas hoovering, buddy losing, bottom dwelling rototillers, and insist on me surfacing with 2200 psi, I'd rather slurp an umbrella drink on the beach.

There are dive op's that will take care of the experienced diver. We had a great time with Scuba Club Cozumel - they put our group on a separate boat, the DM just hung out in the background, we ran our own profiles. No squawk or tank bang to see yet another <insert common fish here>, we had a great time. I'm sure there are other dive op's on Coz that will treat you the same great way.

All the best, James

FWIW, I understand where the OP's coming from. If you're going to force me to adhere to the herd mentality of staying with the horde of gas hoovering, buddy losing, bottom dwelling rototillers, and insist on me surfacing with 2200 psi, I'd rather slurp an umbrella drink on the beach.

That was rather unkind. I guess the two hours of bottom time on our first dive today would drive you to drink?
Haven't really dived with many of those you describe. They seem to gravitate to other kinds of ops...

Dear Mossman,

Aldora divers is a 100% Mexican owned dive operation. I am a naturalized Mexican citizen and my partner Memo Mendoza is native born. In our staff we only have one non Mexican Dive Instructor who speaks better Spanish than do I. But my guess is that those selecting dive ops for the Mexican President place safety and high quality service above Nationalism

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Liang is the bomb - gotta love Brooklyn. A true asset as a DM.

There are dive op's that will take care of the experienced diver. We had a great time with Scuba Club Cozumel - they put our group on a separate boat, the DM just hung out in the background, we ran our own profiles. No squawk or tank bang to see yet another <insert common fish here>, we had a great time. I'm sure there are other dive op's on Coz that will treat you the same great way.

All the best, James

I should have clarified this,on your first day with them (if they do not know you) you are put in a group, if someone in that group needs to suck on the nipple, Aldora will accomodate that so it does not take away from YOUR first day of diving. The next day after Aldora knows your capabilities they will partner you with similar divers. On my first day (and i am anything but an expert diver) Liang my dive master knew that i was more capable than the others in the group, she pointed out specific swim throughs @ Santa Rosa for me to do but did not show them to other members. Towards the end of the dive the first diver @ 1000 was on her very long hose to allow the other divers more bottom time. For the rest of the week i was with a different group. To me it was a perfect dive experience, they were proactive as a dive op to guage my skill and ability, did not hinder me in any way and then placed me with like divers.

All the best and safe diving Fdog.

Well, you know the 'ol Coz rumor mill, 20% fact 80% BS :d
Aaaaalllllllll too well, my friend! All too well. :eyebrow:
Been known to participate a bit myself. :D
Calderon is a pretty sporty president - keeping his security staff busy learning to participate in all the activities he enjoys.

Sharky,
Not Dressel. Here's your proof. The Mexican President dove with Aldora Divers

Another for Aldora. Real divers are happy here according to my 6 years / 20-something weeks of experience with them...
Surely someone here can vouch for my diver-realism...

I'm with Pelagicsal and can truly vouch for her diver-realism! I have the 6 years with Aldora but not quite the 20-something weeks - closer to 15-something weeks :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom