Looking for slightly older divers in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White Rhino -- would love to hear if you do go to Manado. Please write up a trip report if you have time, let us know how it was!

Yes, I just left Manado. I dove in Bunaken and Lembeh and enjoyed them both. A vast improvement over Koh Tao! In Bunaken,

I stayed at Jonaths Resort and dove with Immanuels next door. I objected to paying rental fees for equipment and so looked for a dive center that did not charge for the standard scuba gear. In Lembeh, I stayed with Daniels and dove with Immanuels, which is the same outfit. They were nice people and I met some interesting fellow divers, especially a couple from Spain where the female had been diving almost everywhere and shared alot of what she knew about where to go and how to make the arrangements.

I particularly liked Lembeh, not specifically "muck diving" but just the relaxing atmosphere of a new (and almost empty) resort where I got a lot of personal attention and could work with he DM to pick when and where I wanted to dive. The Pegasus fish in particular was entertaining...poor guy..imagine having to go through life looking like that!

I have now dived in Nusa Lembongan, which has terrific current and quite good visibility. This is clearly my favorite diving location in Indonesia so far, although most of the others here are Honeymooners or surfers. I saw a Sunfish on my first dive here, as well as a 4 meter shark and 2 bull rays. It was great.

The hotel is 200,000 per day without any food and the dive shop is $30 per dive including equipment (no extra charge). They seem to do 2 dives per day starting at 8 AM prompt. I came at 801 this morning and the DM gently asked me if I wanted him to pick me up tomorrow at the hotel ( hint hint).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom