Looking for slightly older divers in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of excellent diving options in the pristine warm waters of Sulawesi.

Hey OnTheSpot,

I have always liked your web site; but have found your prices higher than booking directly with dive centers. Plus, your web site is confusing about pricing. For example, when looking at your main Thailand page, the site says:

Thai
Daytrips
From US$ 57 per day:
>> Phuket Island
>> Phi Phi Islands
>> Koh Samui

This sounds reasonable, as I currently dive in Thailand around the same price every day (with my own gear).

Then, when I click on your "teaser" above, it takes us to a page where the prices are generally much higher than the "teaser" rates and that is with "gear" ... and it is hard (at least for me) to find where are the prices without gear, etc.

You guys have a beautiful website. I am semi-retired and can dive "the world" but so far, I've not been able to find "value" on your beautiful web site as a diver, as I can easily Google the same dive sites you advertise, contact dive centers, and get much better day diving and/or resort pricing.

For example, one of my favorite dive center offers these prices for Koh Tao liveaboard trips (this month and next):

1. Koh-Tao MV/Tapana 3 Day Dives (11 dives), THB.16,500
  2. Koh-Tao MV/Tapana 2 Day Dives (7 dives), THB.11,000
  3. Koh-Tao MV/Koon 2 Day Dives (7 dives), THB.9,000

... .but I have not found anything close to these prices on your beautiful web site :D

To the OP, talking about older divers, dive with some of the posters here and you can immediately be certified for the wreck dive speciality :wink::dork2:

Oops, that includes me :D :blinking:

LOL

Should find lots of old men in Thailand

Hi Funrecdiver,

Thank you for your feedback and praise regarding our website.

The prices on our websites are quoted in US dollars for guidance purposes only. This is to allow our customers to make easy, direct comparisons between different products and destinations. We use the most up-to-date exchange rates reasonably possible and therefore these quoted prices are subject to currency fluctuation.

Final prices in source currency will be quoted in all email correspondence and official documentation.

Have a look at Phi Phi Island diving, prices start at US dollars 60.00 and if you book a 3 day package you receive 5% off bringing the price down to US $ 57.00 per daytrip. A full set of diving equipment is extra at US dollars 15.00 per day.

We do not undercut the operator prices. If you send us an email we will give you a selection of our recommended options which have availability with prices at the same rate the operators are offering.

Sorry, you won't be able to find MV Tapana on our website as we don't sell it.

Please do contact us and we can offer you expert advice on our destinations and products as we are mainly 'older dives'.

The prices on our websites are quoted in US dollars for guidance purposes only. This is to allow our customers to make easy, direct comparisons between different products and destinations. We use the most up-to-date exchange rates reasonably possible and therefore these quoted prices are subject to currency fluctuation.

If your getting your exchange rate from one of the internet sources then I suspect your aware that no person can actually get their money exchanged at such a rate.

John

To answer your original question: yes, you are old:D signed Jay at 59:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom