looking for something different to do top side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow....thanks everyone. there's a bunch really great ideas. keep them coming

Visit the museum. Small, but interesting. Just north of the main square.

The museum and the museum restaurant are closed for renovations.

There are zipline towers visible from the road somewhere south of the Caleta. Also, there is parasailing. In addition to the aforementioned flats fishing at the north end, there is offshore fishing for billfish, dorado (mahi-mahi), tuna, etc.

And of course there is the around the island excursion (Mescalito's, Senor Iguana's, Punta Morena, Coconuts, Chen Rio, El Mirador, Rasta's); I recommend hiring a cab for the day, especially if you have a larger group. For years I was the Designated Driver and I got really tired of it.

There is a golf course on the north end of the island, good layout (it's a Nicklaus design). Bring golf balls, the only place to buy them on the island is at the course and they're expensive.

Cozumel Country Club | Cozumel

Terry

If this is the same outfit I am thinking of, then it is really worth your time. My wife did this a few years ago on one of our non-diving days, and it was a total treat for her. We are still reaping the benefits of this class. By all means go!
Authentic “Mexican” cooking class. I have not done it yet but hope to one visit. This is one I had heard of. Maybe others.

Cozumel Chef | Josefina's Mexican Cooking Classes[/QU

I've got some ideas here: Casa Suzana - Activities

There are several different cooking classes in addition to Josefina's. I really like her classes, and you'll never do all the ones that are possible, but she's had some difficulty with health and other issues so may not be as available as before. Kondesa does a great class, too.

Back
Top Bottom