looking for something different to do top side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to Tulum, the Mayan Riviera. What an amazing place!

HoPnKLbeaDgp5-PVZRXd-phTLyH72bj060--KnYvPh1R9GSffjYcZFOKGWDSEXVv-6D8Ou9DYeDt55g7G=w2428-h1820-no.jpg

nJ57lR1k200HmiyGP6TGgrv99iyb3XO1bLZv8x7z_91OF03ylND-26agB6NNW5O7svRvtvmmTM5do4SVJ=w2428-h1820-no.jpg

R0PzwCWu7vT2D7CHpJALdAtkinhRDfZHOYm_7u2QLUbAtxKRCnbdH5aYjPZSU3g1mGZU_br1oyEkKNwg6A5=w291-h219-no.jpg

m8v6XwFZb-JByhBKAtMN0iyR5tKkwHrBOXY-qg4wiWOZfh2aMNcYBC7F5cOsleJhF_XO0vZe04nTt3HDu=w2428-h1820-no.jpg

Xel Ha park on the mainland is a good beach/snorkel spot. If I had a couple of days I would definitely do a cenote dive.

8AD24F47-DB3F-4BC7-BDD6-B6C5A3630A17.jpeg
9B1A4CDC-F881-4951-A906-9A151DFB3DB1.jpeg
Shortly after my mainland trip to mexico the screen saver for my firestick kicked in and I glanced up. I saw a picture that looked very familiar then realized it was a near duplicate of my photo of the Temple of the Wind. I happen to like mine better. :cool: (Hint. Its the top one)

I didn’t realize until recently that it seems the main diety at Tulum is the Decending or “diving god. “

Last edited:
Authentic “Mexican” cooking class. I have not done it yet but hope to one visit. This is one I had heard of. Maybe others.

Cozumel Chef | Josefina's Mexican Cooking Classes
If this is the class I am thinking of, then it's well worth your time on a day off. My wife went to this class a few years ago, and was completely entranced. First they take you to real Mexican markets and show you what to buy for the class, then they spend the rest of the morning cooking it all up. I was hanging around the hotel until I got the call from her, then I scurried over and had one of the best Mexican meals of my life. They almost had to carry me out in a wheelbarrow. We are still reaping the dividends from that class. If you are at all into cooking, then by all means try this course.

But why, oh why, do they put corn in their flan? That's just wrong.

Flan was not part of the class I took at Kondesa, but I'd eat pretty any sort of flan that has flan in it.

Are you opposed to helado or paletas de elote, or does it just strike you as wrong in flan?

If this is the class I am thinking of, then it's well worth your time on a day off.

It's the one you describe.

Flan was not part of the class I took at Kondesa, but I'd eat pretty any sort of flan that has flan in it. Are you opposed to helado or paletas de elote, or does it just strike you as wrong in flan?
Both, actually. I cannot stand corn, and I really don't know why. But flan is supposed to be smooth, not lumpy, and when those lumps are corn, I cannot eat it.

+1 on going to Tulum. Doing a couple of cenotes dives and then visiting the ruins is a great day.

Back
Top Bottom