Looking to replace my Zeagle Escape with a travel bp&w. Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Dive Rite Hunterpac is infinitely better than the travelpac, and the transpac is hideously expensive for what it is. I have two, and love them, but would never pay new prices for them
Great. MORE research! :wink:

(although anything I get needs to be travel able)

the Dive Rite Hunterpac is infinitely better than the travelpac, and the transpac is hideously expensive for what it is. I have two, and love them, but would never pay new prices for them

Isn't the Hunterpac discontinued?

. . . anything I get needs to be travel able
[/quote=DreaminOfSand&Salt]Plus three on the Express Tech [/quote]The express Tech is a nice unit, provides the advantages of a backplate, and is nonetheless relatively lightweight and streamlined. And, the price is reasonable. Personally, I don't really care for the Zeagle horseshoe wing, and the ET harness has quick releases built into both shoulders ,right below the 'articulated shoulder assembly', both of which are touted as valuable 'features'. Although Zeagle says you can add a Pad Kit, the ET deluxe also comes with shoulder pads which are more or less unnecessary, and simply add to the 'floatiness' of the unit, and the added weight requirement the diver must carry to offset that positive buoyancy.

One option would be to buy the Express Tech backplate (Express Tech Backplate) alone rather than the ET Deluxe BCD, put a simple web harness on it, and pair that with a wing of your choice. The modularity of that approach allows for some added convenience in packing, and you can actually create a more streamlined, and functional unit.

Just a thought.

I called zeagle express and had them put the #30 donut on and add crotch strap for no additional charge. I also removed all of the quick release buckles from the shoulder straps as there is no need for them - Zeagle Express is also having a 30% off sale on everything in the store 1/30 - 2/25 ... no I am not affiliated just had really good experiences with these guys - call them and they will build it the way you want it.

Last edited:
I called zeagle express and had them put the #30 donut on and add crotch strap for no additional charge. I also removed all of the quick release buckles from the shoulder straps as there is no need for them - Zeagle Express is also having a 30% off sale on everything in the store 1/30 - 2/25 ... no I am not affiliated just had really good experiences with these guys - call them and they will build it the way you want it.
ZE is a great outfit. And, your description should make it easy for the OP - sounds pretty hard to beat.

Well, I guess I have until the Feb 25th to make a decision!

I've been very happy (mostly) with my old Zeagle Escape, and my wife LOVES her Stiletto. But, I *would* like to go to a full wing and cut down on some of the "floatiness" of the Escape.

Sigh. More research required.

Didn't see any sign on the website about the sale. Maybe I missed it?

R.

Early Spring Sale:
BCD, Wetsuits, Spear Guns, Fins , Masks, Computers,

Here it is folks from January 30 through February 25 2017 we will be selling everything in the store at 30% discount. Wetsuits, BCDs Regs, Computers and more. Store hours are M-F 10 am to 6 pm Sat 9-4 Sunday closed 813-817-3764

(Notes of interest aka the small print: Sale does not include scuba educational courses or travel, Repair or maintenance services Repair parts or air (gas) fills. Sale is a first come first serve basis and applies only to currently in store in-stocked products, does include on-line sales,) LET THE Diving BEGIN!

Thank you
Rick Murcar

Visit US on Facebook
and www.ZeagleExpress.com
AquaticAdventuresofFlorida@gmail.com

It is also mentioned on their facebook page as only being what they have in stock at the store - but by my math with the ET Deluxe with Ziptouch weight system you should be able to get into it for $360-375 after discount if it is in stock

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom