Mach V on Halcyon bp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadfordr6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,
I've been looking into getting a bp/wing setup for a while now and I've run across a good deal for a Halcyon bp/harness. I'd like to get a Mach V wing ....will I be able to mount it on the bp, or does it make more sense to buy the Halcyon eclipse? Does the eclipse have features that justify it's increased cost? Thanks for any help.
-chad

The Mach V is Oxycheq? I have the Oxy Standard 30 on my halcyon ss bp.

The Mach V works just fine with the H plate but you do need an STA. Of course, you need an STA with the Eclipse, too.

The Mach V blows the Eclipse away. The Eclipse, as fine as it is, just doesn't come close. A slightly more even comparison would be between the Eclipse and an Oxy Sig... but the Sig wins there, too.

The Mach V works just fine with the H plate but you do need an STA. Of course, you need an STA with the Eclipse, too.

The Mach V blows the Eclipse away. The Eclipse, as fine as it is, just doesn't come close. A slightly more even comparison would be between the Eclipse and an Oxy Sig... but the Sig wins there, too.

Looks like I'll be getting that mach V then! Thanks for your help.
-chad

The new Mach V should work without an STA if the cam strap slots on the H plate match the cam strap slots on the Mach V wing.

Mach V - Sig Series Now “STA” Less

You'll just have to ask someone who owns an H plate what the spacing is for those slots, and then ask Oxycheq if their wing would work with that... unless of course you can find someone here with that combination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom