makes you want to dive with your mouth shut......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got home from shopping and my husband had a toothpick hanging out his mouth after eating pizza. I didn't know if I should laugh or scream "OMG-those horrible lil monsters have made it to Ohio already... they must have migrated up the Mississippi".
I will never be able to look at a toothpick again without thinking about your Terrible Toothpicks,DennisS. You have unknowingly provided a source of laughter for me for years to come...God Bless you !:D

Tongue eating, ha, nothing compared to the brain eating ones we have in Texas.
Yep, every summer - along with a few fishermen dying to flesh eating bacteria acquired from open wounds in coastal waters. http://www.kfdm.com/articles/flesh-33329-along-warns.html "Five cases and two deaths have occurred in 2009. Last year, 17 cases and seven deaths were reported." If you have a scrape that looks worse the next day, go to ER; you do not have time for an appointment.
hmm...... i wouldn't suggest "peeing" in your wetsuit either! that thing might "swim up stream"! :rofl3:
Only riks is the SA candirú.
Yeah, that one. I understand the natives are much more afraid of it than piranhas, which are really more scavengers than attackers.

Actually I have seen fish with these creatures on them in a lot of different places I have dived. It definitely takes you by surprise and maybe that is why I always dive in a wetsuit or skin and always wear a hood. You never know what creepies are out there to get ya.

On a side note, I work in Cat Scan and since the show "Monsters inside us" has been airing on Discovery Health, we are seeing alot of people coming in claiming that they have the same symptoms as the epsiode they saw. So, needless to say, I have been doing alot of head scans since these people think their headaches are coming from some worms growing in their brains! LOL! Yknow, sometimes my job is better than TV. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

. So, needless to say, I have been doing alot of head scans since these people think their headaches are coming from some worms growing in their brains!

Carolyn:shark2:

I'm curious to know if the Cat Scan shows they even have a brain??:rofl3:

how much money would it take to eat a live isopod seen in the photo? a million?

i wonder if you could tell it was in there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom