Making a Shark Tooth Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pictures?
If you would like to see some pictures I have a few on display on scuba board.
You will need to click on my profile, go to statistics,clink on link that says: find all the photos uploaded by fossilbabe.

Just a tad (about 8%) over one shark's lifetime production.
You have more than 2,000 shark's teeth... I'm pretty sure of it because I know that I have more than 2,000 shark's teeth :wink:

My last estimate was in the 9-10,000 range between the two tall vases and the almost full Sangria pitcher...

If you're talking about Megs alone, that I could believe :D (mine are out on the counter right now. I'm trying to figure out a display for my megs...)

You guys want to sell a pound or two let me know!

How do I twist the wire around the shark tooth to make a necklass? Does any one have pictures or a video?
I will be at the birthday bash in Venice. Bring tools,tooth and wire I can show you or maybe another member might be able to help.

If you would like to see some pictures I have a few on display on scuba board.
You will need to click on my profile, go to statistics,clink on link that says: find all the photos uploaded by fossilbabe.

Hey Fossilbabe, I looked at a few of your pictures and I have two questions. 1) Will a black tooth change colors the longer I keep it in vinegar or am I stuck with the color it came out as? I ask this because I found one small black tooth on my disasterious trip last week and would like to get one of the tan ones.

2) Is it possible you mixed up the labe of the Sand Tiger and the Hemi teeth on the pictures? I'm still learning the differences so I'm not entirly sure.

George.

The color is due to the minerals that exchanged with the calcium in the tooth to fossilize it, therefore, you can keep it in vinegar until the sea cows come home and it won't change color.

Etched by the acid can happen. It will discolor the tooth. The sun will do the same as well. I dont think its a good idea to do either.

The color is due to the minerals that exchanged with the calcium in the tooth to fossilize it, therefore, you can keep it in vinegar until the sea cows come home and it won't change color.

Kind of what I thought but I wanted to check with the experts.

George.

Etched by the acid can happen. It will discolor the tooth. The sun will do the same as well. I dont think its a good idea to do either.

Thanks. The different shades of black on this tooth is kind of growing on me.

George.

Thanks. The different shades of black on this tooth is kind of growing on me.

George.
It should! Like snow flakes... Oh, who am I kidding :rofl3:

Each big tooth is quite different. On some of mine I like the serrations of the megs. Others are quite colorful (no, I'm not a freak... I've just had the megs out on the counter for a few days while I decide how to display them)

I'm having a hard time deciding on a vase, get some sand from VB and make a "sand box", an aquarium and make it a terrarium or a picture box and make it a dimensional art piece... OK, yes... I am hetero sexual.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom