Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

My brand new Quad computer is showing an error on the screen when turning it on.

Last night I made my first nitrox dive with it, all went fine.

But today, I wanted to check the logbook again, so I press a button to turn on the screen, and this error message is shown:

Err
1/ 1.00

See attached picture.

Can you please help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_221547.jpg
    IMG_20170419_221547.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 347
Hi Kevin,
I am sorry to hear of your issue. I am personally unfamiliar with this error but I'm also not the service technician. If you haven't already, you can submit a ticket at Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software explaining the issue as you did here. Alternatively you can take it back to the dive center where you purchased it and have them take a look in person, or they can send it back to us for review.

Best,
Zak

Hey guys,

I have a Mares NemoWide 2. only bought a year ago, about 30 dives on it. Well, after a crazy scuba trip in Hawaii, I just came home, connected the computer to my laptop, and the message "b00t" came out. Now my Nemo is just frozen on that b00t message and is unresponsive to any other kind of command or button pressed. its been frozen like that for 2 days. I tried changing the battery and nothing, still the same. I never had such problem and never had a problem connecting the computer or anything like that, I was super satisfied with it until now. Please help :(

Hi, my boyfriend's Puck (the normal one, not Pro) was not showing correct depths during our last dive. Other functions seemd to be functioning normally. Do you think this could be solved by replacing the battery or is his computer dying? Unfortunately the warranty period has lapsed already.

Hi All;

I have two Mares ICON HD computers with IA. I have them paired to their respective transmitters .... that works. However, the manual says that the computer should also be able to be paired to a buddies transmitter and it should monitor the buddies tank as well as mine. The manual doesn't describe exactly how to do this, nor how to display the respective tank air levels. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks
eboch

PS: I agree with other bloggers here ... the Mares support is poor ... seems the only place to get support is by sifting through a blog. For what they charge for the computer, that's pretty lousy support IMO.

Two weeks ago I dove both a very new mares puck pro and a suunto zoop novo, at the same time on 17 dives.
I was on nitrox, from 28-32% O2.
That's what the boat provided.
The mares has three algorithms from more liberal to more conservative. I found that on all three, I had much less no decompression time then on the Suunto. With both computers set to the same mix and both on my arm each dive, the mares was reading up to 25 min. Less time no deco time. That's strange because I've read that Suunto has a very strict conservative algorithm. Is this normal? Should I send the mares in for an evaluation? thanks

Trying to download logbook info from my Puck Air dive computer onto my PC (Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit OS) with version 2.22 Dive Organizer. Download continues up to 99% then an error message appears saying "Please check the dive computer PC connection". Click "OK" and I do the connection process again with the Drak USB interface cable (which is horribly overpriced I might add). Same result every time!

I've tried uninstalling the software/drivers & then reinstalling them with the same results. My wife also tried to download her Puck Air logbook on her laptop and got the same exact results; Download continues up to 99% then an error message appears saying "Please check the dive computer PC connection".

I've already submitted a Help Desk Ticket, too!

Hello everyone.

I had a question about the Mares Smart Air dive computer.

I bought this computer 3 weeks ago just before making a trip to egypt to dive. The computer worked great and had no problems at all. Whe i came back i wanted to import the dives from the computer in the mares software to log dives (mares dive organizer 2.22).
But when i put it in the USB port and in the watch and set it on pc mode REAdy. the red light will turn on so it is connected. but the software from mares says that the device is not supported!!

How is this possible and how can i make it happen that the computer will connect?
I have the smart air with firmware version 1.0182.

I hope someone can help me so the software will recognize the dive computer.

in the manual of the Mares Smart Air it says that it can be connected so that's why i tought that it should work. Also on the website of Mares when you go to the product page and look for the smart air there is also a link with downloads. the software is also standing there so i should think that it should work.

I realy hope that someone can and will help me with this one.

THNX

Remy van de Mortel

I have the same problem with my Mares Smart and their Divers Diary. Wondering if there is a compatible dive log software someone can recommend

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with my mares Matrix in the past 3 weeks. Bought it in Spain in November 2018, and doing my Divemaster in Indonesia now the other day going to Australia it just got blocked in the logbook for around a week until the battery run out. After it run out, I charged it and it seemed to be back to work but I did my first dive with it after a couple of weeks and at around 20 meters it was mentioned that I was at 109 meters and had to do a huge deco stop.

I called the shop where I bought it back in Spain and they mention I need to provide it to them (that makes sense) . My main issue is that I call the shop that services Mares in Bali and they give me a solution which I thought was good (exchanging the dive computer for a new one since it is in warranty) but they are trying to charge 1/4 of the computer value in handling fee which does not make sense.

On the other hand, I have no way to deal with mares directly on this issue to get a quick solution as I will be on a liveaboard on the 9th April and have been with the computer non functional for around 2 weeks trying to work a solution.

I hope any of the Mares stuff reads this and could provide a solution...

Back
Top Bottom