Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I downloaded firmware 4.1 file from Mares, opened this file with Mares PC software, then appears downloading window. Now on this window is written - PLEASE REPROGRAM THE DEVICE. Does it mean that something going wrong duiring firmware update process? That should I do - push START icon again or push STOP icon and disconnect device? I can not find information about next steps and affraid to disconnect.

Hi, This is from out service center. I hope this helps.
Please have him click the “play” button again when the prompt says “please reprogram the device”.

This should then continue to work.

Hi, This is from out service center. I hope this helps.
Please have him click the “play” button again when the prompt says “please reprogram the device”.

This should then continue to work.
Thanx. I did it but in few hours had same situation again. But I saw that when menntioned sign appears in the windows, Icon was out from programming mode and showed charging level. I pressed button stop on PC, disconnected Icon and checked firmware status. Icon showed 4.1. From first look everything is ok. I found out that neccessary to install drivers for PC from Mares site. May problem in that.

Mares HD Icon compass stopwatch

Hi Zak,

I have just purchased an HD Icon Black with firmware 4.1. I have not yet had a chance to dive with it, but have spent the last few days getting familiar with it. When I select Pre-Dive mode/Compass/Stopwatch the instructions say that the stopwatch should start by pressing button two. This does not happen on mine. There is no fault with the button as it works perfectly when used to call other functions.

Does the stopwatch only work when the computer has switched into dive mode by descending under 1.2m? Or is there a fault with my computer?

Hi Richard,

The stopwatch function only works when submersed to 4ft and below.
Thanks and have a great time.

Zak

Thanks! I look forward to trying it underwater.

Maybe the instructions should explain that the stopwatch only works on a dive though...

i guess my question is not for this thread, but just in case somebody can help, i have a mares matrix, the white version, and the strap started breaking, so i was trying to find where i can get a replacement one. Unfortunately currently i'm in Romania, so no idea where i can find a dive shop that offers mares products, and i doubt they'll have any replacement straps in store, so my only option is online. Which proved more difficult than expected - i couldn't find any store offering replacement white strap for the matrix, only black ones or the metal one, which i don't think will look good, and without seeing one in person, i doubt i will take that risk. So can anyone recommend where i can order replacement straps for the mares matrix online?

Hello,

My brand new Mares Matrix is not functioning as it should. I cannot transfer dives between the watch and my laptops regardless of the operating system/application that I use. I have the latest versions of Dive Organizer, Subsurface, and MacDive plus the latest USB drivers for both Windows and Mac.

The watch shows that I have done 4 dives in total (including the initial factory test/dive) but it wont let me examine any of the dives or show any details of any dive.

I have tried resetting the watch via menu and resetting the max depth via Dive Organizer. Nothing changes. I also tried re-flashing the latest firmware image (1.03.10) but it didn't resolve the issue. I get a success message after flashing the firmware but on the watch LCD I see a "CHK ERR" & "USB OK".

The single imported dive that shows in pictures was done in March when I first opened the box. The watch came preloaded with 1.03.10 firmware.

At the bottom of the Dive Organizer application I see a "Invalid Factory Data" message right next to the green dot!.

I'm on a dive vacation in the red sea and this is ruining it because I cannot trust the watch underwater and have to rely on my buddy's computer all the time. Here is a folder of images/snapshots of errors

Please help

Mares support came through for me again. Max gas was way off for all my dives and the support people sent me a link that had me delete my dives from DiveOrganizer and re-load the. Problem solved. Personally, I find Mares customer/tech support fantastic. They have never let me down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom