Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

My brand new Mares Matrix is not functioning as it should. I cannot transfer dives between the watch and my laptops regardless of the operating system/application that I use. I have the latest versions of Dive Organizer, Subsurface, and MacDive plus the latest USB drivers for both Windows and Mac.

The watch shows that I have done 4 dives in total (including the initial factory test/dive) but it wont let me examine any of the dives or show any details of any dive.

I have tried resetting the watch via menu and resetting the max depth via Dive Organizer. Nothing changes. I also tried re-flashing the latest firmware image (1.03.10) but it didn't resolve the issue. I get a success message after flashing the firmware but on the watch LCD I see a "CHK ERR" & "USB OK".

The single imported dive that shows in pictures was done in March when I first opened the box. The watch came preloaded with 1.03.10 firmware.

At the bottom of the Dive Organizer application I see a "Invalid Factory Data" message right next to the green dot!.

I'm on a dive vacation in the red sea and this is ruining it because I cannot trust the watch underwater and have to rely on my buddy's computer all the time. Here is a folder of images/snapshots of errors

Please help
Hi Lithium, over the weekend I corresponded with our tech department re: your issue. They said, they also received your issue through your E-ticket # PPP-209-37641 on our technical support site, and they have responded. I hope your issue gets resolved. I can attest that sometimes working these things our remotely is not easy, but they will try their best.

Zak

Hello Zak,
Yes, I have a support ticket open for this issue. Hopefully it gets resolved.
Thanks a lot!

Update:

Excellent tech support from Mares here. They have shipped me a new replacement dive computer through their distributor in Egypt.

I would also like to commend how professional and helpful their dealer (Under Water EGYPT) have been. Wonderful people.

Thank you plenty guys. Glad to be a Mares customer :).

Hi Zak, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem. I opened a ticket earlier in the week (QOG-901-77039) regarding problems I'm having with my Icon HD, but I couldn't login to see it because the site said my email address was invalid. I opened another ticket on Wednesday (VPE-255-86850) under another email address and received an email verifying that the ticket was created, but now I can see that the ticket was closed last night and I never received any help. I'm not sure what to do now...

Here's the issue; I was guiding several students on a deep dive on July 31st and noticed that the compass on my Icon was reading way off when we headed East. I used my analog compass for the rest of the dive. The next week I tried the compass recalibration several times but it didn't fix the problem. I then upgraded the software on the Icon from 4.1 to 4.2 and suddenly the Icon battery level dropped from 96% to 7%. I charged it up and thought it was okay. The next Sunday, August 7th, I was out on a dive when the Icon went from 98% to 7% and I had to abort the dive. Since them I've tried reloading the 4.2 software, charging and draining it multiple times, to no avail; it charges for a few minutes and then jumps to 99%, then when I take it off the charger I can use it for a few minutes before it jumps to 6 or 7% battery. I've got a battery I could install but I don't want to void the warranty. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Andy

hello
Just had my mares nemo titanium battery changed. This watch is old old. Got it when I got into diving more than 10 years ago. The straps are all deteriorated and I had them cut off. " locating original straps" very hard to do so especially from Taiwan.
!!! Now the problem is it displays zeros and stays like that until the battery is removed. when the battery is placed back in it will beep from 9 all the way down to 0 and then stay like that. " picture attached"

does anyone have a solution?
also does anyone know where to get the straps?

thank you so much guys!!!

"never mind the warranty problem. don't have the receipts nor the warranty card anymore"

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_164503.jpg
    IMG_20160818_164503.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 252
    IMG_20160818_164503.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 223
Hello need help getting my nemo titanium out of this display. Thanks in Advance

Attachments

IMG_20160818_164503.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 226

I purchased my Mares Nemo Wide in Fremantle, Australia in Fall 2011. So far so good, I’ve replaced the battery once. I purchased the DRAK USB interface last year and have updated the firmware. I then downloaded my last dive profiles.

Please tell me more about the firmware upgrade. How is it an improvement?

I have downloaded my dive profiles but I have never been able to see them. What software do I need to read those files?

Thank you,
Fiat Lux

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom