Mares Fin Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silvernotch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After 3 years the buckles on my fins have not loosened up at all on my Mares Avanti X3's and are nearly impossible to get open without ripping my fingers and nails apart. Is there anything I can do to loosen them up? Maybe file some of the plastic a bit or some kind of lubrication. Don't get me wrong I like how secure they are while I'm diving but trying to get them off before hopping back on the boat in not-so-calm seas is next to impossible and very frustrating.

And I should note this would be a temporary fix, I leave for STX on Sunday and plan on getting spring straps before my next outing so I need to make these work for right now.

I've had several and they all loosened up through use.....before filing maybe try a bit of silicon grease. After that, gentle rubbing with fine grit sand paper. Or.....spring straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom