Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zak,

Since this is the 3rd time the Transmitter Release date has been pushed back, how confident are you that Mares will actually get this transmitter out in Spring 2011?

What's the projected retail cost of the icon with transmitter? I.E...is there any saving between getting it now and upgrading vs just waiting and buying them together?

And $450 is to much for just a transmitter. As I said earlier, Oceanic transmitters seperately are like $400. Dunno about other brands, but I'd bet they're comparable.

What's the projected retail cost of the icon with transmitter? I.E...is there any saving between getting it now and upgrading vs just waiting and buying them together?

And $450 is to much for just a transmitter. As I said earlier, Oceanic transmitters seperately are like $400. Dunno about other brands, but I'd bet they're comparable.
$450 is not to much for a transmitter.

If oceanic is $400 and Mares is $50 more it is because you are paying for a better brand. Plus you get a brand new computer with the upgrade. Of course it is going to be more.

Remeber when the Uwatec took forever to get a release date? Its because its a sophisticated computer and so is the ICON. Why are people complaining so much! :idk:

They could have just not released the computer until the transmitter was finished and made us wait like the Sol.

Zak,

Thank you for the update and additional information. At first look $450 seems a bit high but with a little research it appears that the average price for a transmitter (I took the prices from 4 different brands/types of transmitters for my pricing) is around $ 466 so it appears that Mares priced on an average and are defiantly in the ball park.

I would also like to know what the procedure will be if there isn't a local Mares dealer as well as if you didn't buy it from your local Mares dealer will they be able to make the exchange?

$450? Ouch.

Can the upgrade happen by mail if there is not a dealer near me?
I see no issues with this. The upgrade can happen with any authorized Mares dealer.

Zak,

Since this is the 3rd time the Transmitter Release date has been pushed back, how confident are you that Mares will actually get this transmitter out in Spring 2011?
I am confident. While I can't foresee any of the issues they may come up with, if everything is as manufacturing suggests, then we should be good.

What's the projected retail cost of the icon with transmitter? I.E...is there any saving between getting it now and upgrading vs just waiting and buying them together? MSRP for a new Icon HD w/ Transmitter will be, $1600.00 U.S.

These will not be comparable, we will have new technology in the transmitter as stated before. I cannot say today what it is, but it is new, and will help us to shape the direction of future computer projects.

Zak,

Thank you for the update and additional information. At first look $450 seems a bit high but with a little research it appears that the average price for a transmitter (I took the prices from 4 different brands/types of transmitters for my pricing) is around $ 466 so it appears that Mares priced on an average and are defiantly in the ball park.

I would also like to know what the procedure will be if there isn't a local Mares dealer as well as if you didn't buy it from your local Mares dealer will they be able to make the exchange?
Any authorized Mares dealer, local or not, will be able to make the exchange. Some dealers will have new in stock and can exchange over the counter. For those that do not have it in stock will simply have to order it for you. Should be quite simple.

Please note, this applies to N. America only. I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

Hope this helps.

Best,

:confused::(:idk::shocked2:

JUST GOT THIS TODAY.(MARES ICON HD) I] ORDERED BEFORE I READ ALL THE BAD REVIEWS ABOUT SCUBASTORE.COM JUST GOT THIS PEICE OF **** TODAY-DOES THE CD WORK? NO. THEY OFFERED THE AIR INTEGRATED MODEL. I ORDERED IT. DID I GET IT? NO. BUT GOT CHARGED FOR IT..EVEN EMAILED "ANNAT" AND TOLD HER 'THE AIR INTEGRATED MODEL PLEASE' THERE WAS A PLUG IN THE BOX, THAT SAY AIR INTEGRATION SPRING 2010. WELL I ORDERED IT 04 SEPTEMBER 2010. THATS AFTER SPRING. I JUST GOT IT YESTERDAY 08- SEPTEMBER 2010..STILL AFTER SPRING. SO WTF- WHERES MY CYLINDER? THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT DOESNT EVEN FULLY WORK (MY HP NOTEBOOK IS BRAND NEW) SO THATS NNOT THE PROBLEM...TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE 1. WHATEVER UPGRADE DOESN'T WORK, JUST PASSES ME OFF TO BS WEBSITES..SO "ZAK" WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? IS THIS HOW YOUR COMPANY DOES BUSINESS? ARE THOSE REVIEWS ON THIS CHATROOM MADE UP BY MARES? IF YOU BUSTED YOUR CAN TO COME UP WITH THE SCRATCH FOR THIS, AND COULDNT DO F ALL, YOU'D BE PISSED OFF JUST LIKE ME..I CALLED A 1-800 NUMBER, AND FOUND OUT THAT THEY (MARES-NOT SURE IF STORE OR WHAT..)ARE IN BOCA..GREAT AS I LIVE IN FT. LAUDERDALE, AND WOULD LOVE TO COME IN SO THEY CAN EITHER; IRON OUT THE WRINKLES OR GIVE ME A REFUND...AND TO THINK I BRAGGED ABOUT THIS TO MY DIVEBUDDIES/FRIENDS, NOW I FELL LIKE D---K. THANKS ALOT MARES..I AM REALLY HOPING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. HELP ME OUT ZAK..SO MAYBE I CAN GIVE THIS GOOD REVIEW ON MY E-RADIO SHOW AND BLOG..

:rofl3:

First off, its not really Mares's fault you ordered your "Air Integrated" Icon HD from an online dealer that is more or less known to just be one big scam. Had you taken the time to research Scubastore.com you would have know better than to Purchase anything from them.

Second, The Air Integrated Icon HD has not yet been released, and is not scheduled to be released until early next year. The Scubastore.com Product Page for the Icon HD does not say that it is Air Integrated, it says the Upgrade will be available in Spring 2010. That was the old date. The date was pushed back some time ago and is clearly stated on the mares website.

As for going in to the Scubastore.com store to get it exchanged.. Good luck. They are in Spain (Showroom Scubastore. Online Scuba gear and Scuba equipment shop.), not FL.

This isnt Mares fault, as they had no part in this. You purchased a product from a shady website in Spain and got screwed just like that large majority of the people who purchase from that site. Ranting and blaming Mares isn't going to solve the problem.

Your best bet is to just return it to Scubastore.com and get a refund, then buy your Icon HD from a reputable source like the rest of us (F.A.Q. Scubastore. Online Scuba gear and Scuba equipment shop.). Their sites says you can send it back unesed within 7 days for a full refund if its broken, and it sounds like that is the case.

If they wont take it back, you can always call your credit card company and deny the charge, Usually if you receive faulty goods and the store refuses to take it back, the credit card company will refund you your money within a certain number of days.

PS: This probably should have been in its own thread since its really got nothing to do with this one.. :d

the overall result was great customer service form the dude in Boca (thanks for the package) and Steve's patience and time doing upgrade downloads over the phone to bring the icon up to date. the cost for air integration will be between 450-480 bucks. Just turn your mares hd icon in to a LICENSED MARES LAB TECHNICIAN/DEALER...Steve says they will take the old one, and give you the new one..now i can look forward to utilizing this, this coming weekend.. thanks again Steve!:cool2:

Harland, are you embarrassed at all with your first post?

I mean, you were upset and all.....but I think you vented in the wrong place and at the wrong person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom