Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked to my LDS here in Seattle and they called the Mares distributor. On the return call they said that the US is still waiting their shipment and we are "very close" possibly by the end of the month (July) but we all know the track record up to this point.
It looks like maybe by the end of the year we will be able to have completed. At least that will give everyone time to find all of the things that will be required for the exchange, original receipt, manual software and everything else that came with your first Icon.

What makes me angry is how Mares play games with us. AI should be avilable from Spring, not from the middle of the Summer. I already sold half of my Mares equipment, and trying to get rid of the rest, because I don't want to have anything from company who can't keep the word to their clients.

Unfortunately this can happens to every brand. It is a marketing and communication issue, a different art than diving. But you are right, it is very annoying and the communication to the customer can largely be improved. I am registered for the exchange and I am going on a 4 weeks trip next week. The probably for me to have the transmitter is close to 0 :( When I bought that computer it was a gift for my wife and the dive shop told me that the price will be about 150 EUR, it seems that now it will be 450 EUR. Unfortunately apart from not buying the update, what can we do?

some dive shops in the atlanta, georgia (usa) area are already exchanging the wrist unit for the upgraded unit at no cost. you can then pay for the transmitter when it is available. i will be exchanging my wrist unit in next week.

I just had a warranty issue with my HD and sent it in cause it flooded. The dive shop then called Mares to ask if I could just upgrade after they approved the claim. The answer was that the Air upgrade will not be available till late July early Aug. So the sent me a brand new sealed Icon in the box!

I just had a warranty issue with my HD and sent it in cause it flooded. The dive shop then called Mares to ask if I could just upgrade after they approved the claim. The answer was that the Air upgrade will not be available till late July early Aug. So the sent me a brand new sealed Icon in the box!

gotcha.....our mutual friend misunderstood what you said. He thought that you said you had gotten an air integrated wrist unit. i talked to our local mares rep myself and he said unless you went to europe that wasn't possible to get the new wrist unit yet. He also told me that the ai stuff wasnt coming out in the states until late august or september. YES BOYS AND GIRLS.....thats what i heard. Late august or early september. Hurry up and wait.

Hopefully you missed enumerating the little USB clip that connects the USB cable to the Icon HD. Without it, you can't charge the unit or do any data connectivity to your PC.

If you do have it, BE SURE to set the clip on the Icon HD *BEFORE* you plug in the USB cable. Otherwise, you run a very high risk of shorting out the USB connection in the Icon and thus preventing it from charging or connecting to a PC.

BTW, so far I love my Icon, but I'd very saddened by the news of a September release of the air integration option. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and they won't charge us "early adopters" too much for the upgrade.

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering, if you do happen to short out the USB connection, is there any way to fix it or replace the charging unit in order to fix this? I think this might have happened with my Mares HD :depressed: and now i'm trying to figure out what I can do to get it fixed. Haven't even gotten to use it yet.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom