Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi StaggsSevin,
I purchased an Icon HD computer last May for just under £600 (list price was £699) and at that time air intergration was promised for that Autumn. It was then delayed until Spring this year but I understand that Mares wanted to make sure that all was perfect before launch. The new Icon HD net ready computer with air intergration is NOW available. The upgrade for my computer meant that Mares took my old unit back and replaced it with a brand new unit complete with transmitter. The upgrade cost was £400
I can tell you that the unit is everything that Mares promised. it works extremely well.
The cost of the complete unit is I think around £1100.

Hi Seano,
Yes the Icon HD does support residual oxygen tracking when using Nitrox.$

The Icon HD net ready computer with air intergration is available now including upgrade.

I was notified by LeisurePro (from whom I bought the Icon) yesterday by email that the upgrade program is underway and wanted to know if I wanted to participate. I replied yes and asked for more information on the process, turn around (once shipped back, when I can expect my new net ready unit) and stock availability. I will let you all know what kind of response I get.

I was notified by LeisurePro (from whom I bought the Icon) yesterday by email that the upgrade program is underway and wanted to know if I wanted to participate. I replied yes and asked for more information on the process, turn around (once shipped back, when I can expect my new net ready unit) and stock availability. I will let you all know what kind of response I get.

Nice let us know how it goes!

Update on Leisurepro. So, Here is the response I received from the sales guy at Leisurepro on the exchange program:

Here we go, just fill out a return form (link below) send the complete
unit (box cables etc.) back to us, once we have it we will register it
and place the order for the new unit and as soon we have your unit we
will ship it out to you. now since this is a new program we cannot give
a date of when you will have your new unit, but we know that Mares has
it in stock so it should not take long.

The program will end in 2012 they don't have an exact date now, the
process is that once we receive the complete unit we will register it
with mares and once the unit is registered we can place the order and
take payment for $450.00 for the new unit.

Based on the response from Leisurepro, I will have to wait until October the send it in to them. I am diving next weekend in Florida and heading to the Caribbean in October. Can't chance this process taking longer than a month and not having the computer for Roatan and Cozumel.

For those that are getting exchanges, keep posting.

NabboDiver

Last edited:
Stagg,
The upgrade will work as follows.

• Consumer purchases non air integrated computer now.
  • You can use the computer as much as possible as well as engage in our beta version of the dive log manager software (included). We are looking for end user feedback and ideas to create the best dive log manager possible.
  • As soon as the air integrated version of Icon HD computer is available, you can take your existing computer to any authorized Mares dealer and upgrade to a brand new unit for the difference in cost of the air integrated version.
  • Consumer will receive a brand new computer including transmitter.
  • The original Icon HD is not compatible with air integration and will require a new unit.
Hope this helps to answer your questions. Thanks for your interest in this cutting edge dive computer technology.

Best regards,

Hi Zak, I know that patience is a virtue, but it seems that every quarter for the last two years the upgrade to air integration has been promised and then those dates come and go with no upgrade available . Can you honestly give a date or is it a wait and see type scenario?

The Icon HD Air Integration upgrade is in process now. You can take your old computer along with all accessories, packaging, and receipt to an authorized Mares dealer and upgrade your computer now. Note: it will take a few days to ship the old and the new to and from.

Thanks,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom