Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Icon HD Air Integration upgrade is in process now. You can take your old computer along with all accessories, packaging, and receipt to an authorized Mares dealer and upgrade your computer now. Note: it will take a few days to ship the old and the new to and from.

Thanks,

Zak

Does this mean you need to ship the old unit before a new unit is shipped by Mares? I already gave my LDS where I bought the unit the serial number and told them I was prepared to to pay, but they told me to wait till new unit arrives to pay and turn in my old one. Of course, I have all the ancillary paper work and accessories.

Looking forward to know the lapsed time there Terry. If it is quick (less than 3 weeks from send to receive), I may send mine in before my October Caribbean trip. Post as soon as you get it. Thanks much

NabooDiver

The Icon HD Air Integration upgrade is in process now. You can take your old computer along with all accessories, packaging, and receipt to an authorized Mares dealer and upgrade your computer now. Note: it will take a few days to ship the old and the new to and from.

Thanks,

Zak

Hey Zak,

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how the exchange program is supposed to work among the authorized dealers. Some are having you keep the old system until the new one arrives and some are sending the old one back to Mares and leaving you without a computer while you wait. Can you please clarify how this is supposed to work. The ones near me are being told to send it back and wait for a new one. I really wish I didn't have to be without my computer to get this done. Not to mention I am a little nervous about handing my $$$$ computer over and not having a clue where it is, for who knows how long.(How long should this process take anyway?) Don't get me wrong I am thrilled that it is finally here, but this process could use some refinement me thinks. Thanks in advance for your reply.
:snorkel:

In Europe, the dealers were given exact instructions, then when the customer brings his/her computer for exchange, the device is electronically tagged, and GIVEN BACK to the customer until a new device arrives. It is only when the NEW device arrives the customer hands in the new device and receives a new one at the same time. I'm guessing the system was intented to work the same in the US, but some dealers read the Mares instructions, and some did not.

Z

Thanks for your question. I cannot speak for Europe. In N. America, the consumer must take the Icon HD to the dealer. In most cases the consumer will have to turn over their computer to the dealer. Dealer will then send us the computer; once we receive the unit, we will immediately turn it around with a new A/I Icon HD Net Ready computer. One exception to this rule would be if the dealer has a new A/I unit in stock, at which point they could basically handle this transaction over the counter. (Another exception is if the dealer has intentions to keep the old unit, note they will still need to secure an upgrade code and "electronically mark" the old unit) this they will have have the unit in hand but only takes a few minutes)).

The amount of time involved in the process is shipping back and forth plus a few days for us to handle the upgrade process. In AZ, I suspect ground shipping to be 5 days each way (unless shipped differently). Total time involved is approximately 14days, probably quicker. I also am compelled to tell you, the timeline will also depend upon availability. As I mentioned in some previous posts, for the first few months, as we fill the world wide pipeline, availability will be moderate. Because the program is so new, if you act soon you should not have to worry about this. If this is a concern, I recommend you request the dealer contact us directly to inquire about availability of the new units. If we have them in stock, again it's mostly a matter of process time (noted above).

As far as giving your money to the dealer. You can work this out with them. We do not set their policies of when they accept your payment for the upgrade. I understand most dealers will require prepayment as most will have to order the new unit for the customer. This is pretty standard practice for all dealers. They generally require prepayment for anything they "special" order for customers. You may be surprised how many people special order something and never come back to actually purchase, leaving the dealer with something they don't normally keep as a product in their assortment.

I appreciate from the outside this may seem like it can be refined, however internally this is the only way to handle it. Trust me we have given plenty of thought how to make this as easy as possible for all involved.

I hope this helps to answer your questions and clear up any confusion.

Best,

I sent my Icon HD to LeisurePro Saturday 13th.
I spoke with Joe there today who said that they have a shipment of the new computers on the way to them now from Florida.
I gave him my credit card number today to order the upgrade.
They will send me the new computer whenever their shipment gets in.
So far, very easy with LeisurePro!!
Will see how that goes.

I sent my Icon HD to LeisurePro Saturday 13th.
I spoke with Joe there today who said that they have a shipment of the new computers on the way to them now from Florida.
I gave him my credit card number today to order the upgrade.
They will send me the new computer whenever their shipment gets in.
So far, very easy with LeisurePro!!
Will see how that goes.

Thanks for the update Terry. Let me know when you have it in hand. I am glad to hear the Leisurepro experience appears to be a good one so far.

Just picked mine up a couple days ago and set it all up. Going diving next week to test it out. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom