Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak,
I just went to my local Mares dealer, which happens to be big box Sport Chalet, since that is where I had to buy my Mares. They were surprised by my asking about the upgrade program. They were not sure what to do, and said they were going to call Mares to find out more information, then get back to me.
Even though they were very nice, this does not instill much confidence. Do I have any other options to get started on this upgrade? Or can someone contact SC so they know what to do?
I am very excited about AI. I purchased the Icon in anticipation of AI, but I have already been enjoying the computer.
Thanks,
Jenny

Finally after two years of waiting i picked my AI from Leisure Pro.Because I was first person who recieved AI from them i got promo heat too(thank LeisurePro).Whole operation was very smooth.Last Tuesday I droped my comp at their shop, Joe from service dep. registered it and now AI is in my hands.My first impresion is that AI unit is large if you compare to other companies. when you try to pair it with your comp you dont need hook up your first stage to scuba tank like wrote Zoran in this or other post but if you want to see how it works its good to have your tank ready.I will be testing it this weekend in Dutch Springs and on Monday I will post how was it

Got mine today also! I have not paired it as I dont have my own tank. I will be using it labor day weekend and then 10 days in Hawaii starting on the 15th. I will review it once I have given it a couple of dives. As for it being bulky I have nothing else to compare it too.

Thx after I read that again I went ahead and paired mine. Was fairly easy you have to have within inches of the computer for it to sync which the instructions notes.

Hello.. for those of you have have already received the AI integrated unit, can you post some pics as well as your initial impression of the unit? Also, it would be great if you can tell us a bit about your experience with the unit while diving. Thanks!!

Mine came in today. I had sent it in to Leisurepro on the 13th. Let's see if I can attach pics....

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 126
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 130
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 121
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 136
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 120
Mine came in today. I had sent it in to Leisurepro on the 13th. Let's see if I can attach pics....

Terry,

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Looks like the box was set on by an elephant. LOL. By my calculations, send to return, looks like about 13 days to process through. That is fast. What to do send it or not? I will cry if it takes a month and I don't have it for the cruise.

NabooDiver

Terry,

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Looks like the box was set on by an elephant. LOL. By my calculations, send to return, looks like about 13 days to process through. That is fast. What to do send it or not? I will cry if it takes a month and I don't have it for the cruise.

NabooDiver

NabooDiver,
Call Joe at LeisurePro. I'd bet he pull one for you if he knew you were about to send yours in. I thought 13 days was great considering that they were not in stock when I returned mine AND i waited over a day to call Joe with my credit card number.
Terry

NabooDiver,
Call Joe at LeisurePro. I'd bet he pull one for you if he knew you were about to send yours in. I thought 13 days was great considering that they were not in stock when I returned mine AND i waited over a day to call Joe with my credit card number.
Terry

Terry,

Taking the chance.. Took mine to the UPS Store this morning. Should arrive at Leisurepro address on Tuesday. Sent Joe an email last night to let him know it is on the way and asked for any expediting he could do for me. Crossing my fingers .:shakehead: Do you have the direct phone number for Joe? I don't see it in any of my emails. You can PM me with it if you don't want to post it. Thanks for all the info and your encouragement.

NabooDiver (aka Tim)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom