Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, Mr. Ohara
Thank you so much!
I just got a call from mares

Thank You!!

Greg,

As of today the Icon HD is not Mac compatible. Yes you Mac users unfortunately are not the higher percentage. It would be great if we could support both and maybe we will down the road.

As for the color display! Wow!!! at depth it is even better. We are talking truly about a High Definition LCD screen. Not a simple backlit, pixelated computer.

Good luck with your shopping!

Best regards,
What do you mean, 'not supported'? Can I at least copy some diving site maps on it? I can live without the dive log...

Hi Im new in this forums and diving in general :)
I cant conect my icon to the computer (and yes I have tried all the above) the latest update at Mares is missing some files ?

1st post here :)

I bought an Icon HD ~1 week ago and have used it for 14 dives so far - I'm very pleased with it and I greatly look forward to the air-integrated version.

The display will presumably be modified to show tank data. Can I enter a plea on behalf of those of us whose eyesight is not what it once was? The 2 main numbers, time remaining and depth, are very easy to read but the other data and the button symbols at the bottom of the screen are very small and difficult to read underwater. I'm not so bothered about the button symbols as I'll get used to those, but I'd like to see the max depth figure a bit bigger and when the tank data is shown that will certainly need to be a reasonable size.

Maybe the new display could be made customisable so we can set our own preferences?

Welcome to the board. Thanks for your note and I'll pass your feedback to our engineers at HQ. Have a great week.

Best,

Hi Im new in this forums and diving in general :)
I cant conect my icon to the computer (and yes I have tried all the above) the latest update at Mares is missing some files ?

Hi, What operating system are you using on your personal computer? Everything should be working fine, except for new Microsoft Windows 7. We will have a new update to accomodate this OS within 30 - 45 days.

What do you mean, 'not supported'? Can I at least copy some diving site maps on it? I can live without the dive log...

The dive organizer software at this juncture does not communicate with MAC OS. Therefor you will not be able to use Mac for transfering images or Maps.

Thank you for asking.

I just purchased the ICON and I have had a bit of a problem getting it to charge, does it matter which USB port on the charger I pug the cord into? One is marked "for others" and the other is marked "ipod"? The manual doesn't say.
Also the dive shop told me that the ICON was MAC compatible, upon getting it home I see that it not, will their be any software updates that will make it MAC compatible?

I have not had any issues with running mine on windows 7. :idk:
Hi, What operating system are you using on your personal computer? Everything should be working fine, except for new Microsoft Windows 7. We will have a new update to accomodate this OS within 30 - 45 days.

Having just spent a few hours working through this issue, I thought I'd add my own comments/tips (using Windows XP SP3): (1) let the unit charge for a bit (not sure if required, but I had no luck until it did); (2) go to mares.com, select download, software, dive organizer (doesn't say this is the icon pc interface, but it is); (3) now load the cd beta version of dive organizer just to get access to the driver - files will be automatically installed in a different subdirectory than the downloaded version; (4) search or browse your computer for the file "usbser-mares" - likely located under c:/program files/mares/dive organizer/drivers; (5) plug the icon into the usb -- if windows automatically asks where to find the software, browse/direct it to the driver subdirectory you just located - if windows doesn't ask where to find the software, then go to the start menu, select control panel, printers and other hardware, on the top left menu select "add hardware", indicate you've already connected the hardware, select the usb device (likely first item listed, with a small yellow indicator over it), and you should now be able to browse/direct to the driver subdirectory. The icon computer should now be recognized by Windows, the serial #, etc. loaded into the dive organizer program, and access granted to the "computer" menu actions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom