Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This same EXACT thing happened to me. I contacted Mares and they sent a replacement, and it was missing a prong after a week of use in Cozumel.

Mares: This is a design problem that you need to address....

Seano

pb with my icon hd
I have only 3 prong !!
where can i by an odther connector ?

This same EXACT thing happened to me. I contacted Mares and they sent a replacement, and it was missing a prong after a week of use in Cozumel.

Seano

This has been addressed.

Best,

Hi

I have a Icon HD that I recently bought at my LDS along with some other gear.
Back home, I started the Icon HD and browsed around, including in the logbook, where I found one entry; a dive to 60,3 meters, dive time 29 minutes and a VERY fast accent rate (99 m/min). I asked the LDS about the logged dive and he told me that this is a test chamber "dive" and that it will "disappear" when I have more than 100 hours of dive (max limit of the unit). The LDS also told me that when I'm going to get a gas integrated unit, this new Icon HD will also have a test "dive" logged.

I have also installed the Dive Organizer (why is the underlaying database software in Italian ???), but I cannot find a way to remove the existing test dive.

Is this normal ? Is there any way for me to get a "clean slate" ?

Also, I have ordered a Abyss 42, but got it with a "old" hose (the old kind - not a SuperFlex), and have really thought about how this configuration is at all possible.
My LDS told me that the distributor send the regulator with a wrong hose, but how can this configuration be possible at all ? I mean, Mares introduced the SuperFlex hose with the Abyss 42 about 2 years ago so I guess that the old configuration should not be possible anymore, right ?

Regards,

Jakob

Jakob, We test all computers prior to shipping. There is no way around this, and the dive history cannot be "wiped" clean. It is true when you upgrade, you will receive a new computer and it will have a test dive on it as well. Note: the computers aren't actually test dove in by human, it is all simulated.

As to your Abyss, I cannot explain the hose configuration. I suggest you work this out with your retailer. They should be able to help you.

Zak

Seano

where Have you contact Mares ?
thanks !

Hello, Mr. Ohara

I I exchanged to new Icon HD package from my local dealer
When I opened the box, there is no "screen protector film" on screen
so, I asked to dealer but answer was "I don't Know"

Also, When I connect to Dive organizer
firmware was old version so, I updated to new firmware by myself
It seems like a first time manufactured model

I was so happy when I got Icon HD first time
First package was perfect without battery charging issue (We already discussed about that)
firmware was new and screen protector was already on screen

Please, let me know where can I contact
solving this issue and I want to order extra screen protector

I cannot trust that local dealer anymore

Thanks

Last edited:
where Have you contact Mares ?
thanks !

In France you should contact the follow Mares distributor.

HEAD FRANCE
+33 (0) 476626900

Z.A. Les Condamines
BRESSON

38320 EYBENS

Hello, Mr. Ohara

I I exchanged to new Icon HD package from my local dealer
When I opened the box, there is no "screen protector film" on screen
so, I asked to dealer but answer was "I don't Know"

Also, When I connect to Dive organizer
firmware was old version so, I updated to new firmware by myself
It seems like a first time manufactured model

I was so happy when I got Icon HD first time
First package was perfect without battery charging issue (We already discussed about that)
firmware was new and screen protector was already on screen

Please, let me know where can I contact
solving this issue and I want to order extra screen protector

I cannot trust that local dealer anymore

Thanks

The product is so new, it is quite reasonable the dealer simply did not know. If you would like, you can send me a PM with your contact information and I'll forward to our Canadian Sales Manager.

Let me know.

Thanks,

In France you should contact the follow Mares distributor.

HEAD FRANCE
+33 (0) 476626900

Z.A. Les Condamines
BRESSON

38320 EYBENS

I have email them but they write to me : you must contact a local dealer
my local dealer try to order the grip but they can't !!!

Back
Top Bottom