Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak (or anybody else)

I have the Mares Icon HD. So far I really like the computer. A couple of small things - like not being able to see avg before downloading data to the PC. But nothing serious.

I have a major issue. Or well, probably not major for some of you, but it is important information I need on a dive. The last couple of days we have had very clod waters. And today on the 4 dives we did I compared the temp that the Icon reports comapred to temps on other computers of other divers on the boat.

There was a drastic difference between the temp the Icon reported compared to the temps of the other computers.

Most of the other computers ranged between 11C - 12C, while the Icon reported 15.6C.

This is a massive difference in temp. Has anybody noticed anything, or perhaps is there something wrong with my unit? Perhaps a software issue that needs to be sorted out?

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, please could you help me out.

Thank you.

Jakez

Hi Zak (or anybody else)

I have the Mares Icon HD. So far I really like the computer. A couple of small things - like not being able to see avg before downloading data to the PC. But nothing serious.

I have a major issue. Or well, probably not major for some of you, but it is important information I need on a dive. The last couple of days we have had very clod waters. And today on the 4 dives we did I compared the temp that the Icon reports comapred to temps on other computers of other divers on the boat.

There was a drastic difference between the temp the Icon reported compared to the temps of the other computers.

Most of the other computers ranged between 11C - 12C, while the Icon reported 15.6C.

This is a massive difference in temp. Has anybody noticed anything, or perhaps is there something wrong with my unit? Perhaps a software issue that needs to be sorted out?

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, please could you help me out.

Thank you.

Jakez

Jakez,

I recommend you taking it to your authorized dealer and have them take a look at it with you. This is always the 1st course of action any customer should do with a product that is not functioning as it should. I have not heard of any other temperature discrepancies to date. You could also update the firmware on the Icon via the divelog manager. There is a tab at the top of the dive manager screen that will allow you to do this.

Make sure you have the latest divemanager software located at www.mares.com.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

How much fun is that computer. I spent a week in the Cayman's and enjoyed the computer. Excellent presentation of data, you can quickly access the data you need. Great Dive computer! With anything there was a couple of observations... this one was a nice problem to have! On most of my dives with 100' viz, I was getting a glare and either had to angle the computer or use the shadow from my head to read the display... what a nice problem. I believe there is some films you can apply to the screen to resolve this. The other nice to have would be in the main Log book screen when doing repetitive dives would be to show the Surface Interval after dives, not the SI showing on the DESAT menu. Less math is better always.

Over all... It is a wonderful computer and was very impressed with how it performs. I have some cold water dives scheduled in May and look forward to trying it in that environment. I had a few other observations about how the Dive Organizer works and will work with my Dive shop on those.

Zak please pass on my complements to the developers... They have produced a great product.

Thanks RAF

Hello, Mr. Ohara
I just got Mares Icon HD Today
I have a question about recharging the battery
I followed manual and already couple of hours
but it still showing 0%

Thanks

Are you still having problems. It is more than likely you just don't have a good connection between cord and back of computer. You really need to make sure those 4 prongs are resting in the female receptacles. The light on the 120v adapter should show red when plugged in and unit is charging properly.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Are you still having problems. It is more than likely you just don't have a good connection between cord and back of computer. You really need to make sure those 4 prongs are resting in the female receptacles. The light on the 120v adapter should show red when plugged in and unit is charging properly.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hello, Mr. Ohara

When I connect to power
I can see the battery Icon showing in red but not recharging
keep showing 0%
I think, not a adapter problem or USB cable

Thanks

pb with my icon hd
I have only 3 prong !!
where can i by an odther connector ?

pb with my icon hd
I have only 3 prong !!
where can i by an odther connector ?

Your local dive store will be able to help you with this. Take in your connector and proof of purchase. They may have to order you a replacement but this should be a warranty issue, assuming you purchased from an authorized Mares dealer network. You can take this part # with you so they have something to reference if needed.

Icon Clip connector w/out cable. 44200820Icon Interface w/out Cable

Hi

I have a Icon HD that I recently bought at my LDS along with some other gear.
Back home, I started the Icon HD and browsed around, including in the logbook, where I found one entry; a dive to 60,3 meters, dive time 29 minutes and a VERY fast accent rate (99 m/min). I asked the LDS about the logged dive and he told me that this is a test chamber "dive" and that it will "disappear" when I have more than 100 hours of dive (max limit of the unit). The LDS also told me that when I'm going to get a gas integrated unit, this new Icon HD will also have a test "dive" logged.

I have also installed the Dive Organizer (why is the underlaying database software in Italian ???), but I cannot find a way to remove the existing test dive.

Is this normal ? Is there any way for me to get a "clean slate" ?

Also, I have ordered a Abyss 42, but got it with a "old" hose (the old kind - not a SuperFlex), and have really thought about how this configuration is at all possible.
My LDS told me that the distributor send the regulator with a wrong hose, but how can this configuration be possible at all ? I mean, Mares introduced the SuperFlex hose with the Abyss 42 about 2 years ago so I guess that the old configuration should not be possible anymore, right ?

Regards,

Jakob

Back
Top Bottom