Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. O'hara, can you please tell me what mares plan to do in the future icon computers, i wonder if they are going to do something to improve the battery life on the computer so it can last longer, maybe not having the screen lit all the time migth help. thank you

Hello Mares guys/gals I purchased the Icon HD and I gotta say I like it,
The PC logbook to upload to is definitely lacking. Not even a place to add dive buddies. When will a better version be available?
Have any updates been issued?
Any chance that you will have a up-loadable web interface similar to Uemis computers website?
When will more maps be available?
Thanks

Can i download my own personal maps? If so, what size and what format do they ned to be?

tardmaster,

Earlier I talked to Mares and have found that the dive maps should be formatted like this:

Image format: JPG
Resolution: 320x200 pixels
Colors: 18-24 bit

By using this resolution the image will fit perfectly into the image space between the black "footer" and the "header".

On a personal note; On the few maps I have found (not created for the Icon, though) I have increased the Contrast and colour Saturation to give better underwater reading experience.

Regards,
Jakob

tardmaster,

Earlier I talked to Mares and have found that the dive maps should be formatted like this:

Image format: JPG
Resolution: 320x200 pixels
Colors: 18-24 bit

By using this resolution the image will fit perfectly into the image space between the black "footer" and the "header".

On a personal note; On the few maps I have found (not created for the Icon, though) I have increased the Contrast and colour Saturation to give better underwater reading experience.

Regards,
Jakob

Jakob,

Thanks for you response. I've scanned a couple of paper mapse that i had, of some local sites, and put them in that format and it worked perfectly. I've also noticed that if you put your photos in yours maps folder then you can view them during your deco stops. ;-)

sorry, but I'm new to the party. If this doesn't have AI, how does determine all of the various calculations?

Hi Zak,

Why are there so many basic fields in Dive Organiser that are greyed out?

I am talking about basic information like surface interval, SAC rate, cylinder operating pressure, multigas when using multiple gasses.

Also, why is there no feature to print out the logbook?

Many thanks

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response, and I'm only able to partially answer as I'm not in a position to pull up the screen to see. The short answer to some of your questions is, at this point the Icon HD does not support some of the air integreated features / fields. As soon as the transmitter is available we will have these options available. The rest, I'll have to pull up the organizer to see what you are referring to.

Zak

Zak - any ETA on the air integration features? I'm looking at a trip in early October and would need it a few weeks before that. Thanks.

Can anyone provide some real-world examples of the kind of battery life one should expect with this thing?

How long does it take to recharge?

Also, is it necessary to recharge from a PC (via USB), or is there a stand-alone recharger? I'm planning a dive trip to the end of the earth, and although I'm pretty sure there will be electricity there, I do not expect to have a computer available.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom