Mares Quattro and Apollo Prestige fins (or Dive Rite)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I read from here and it seems many people love the Quattro. I personally have Apollo Prestige fins and like it but eager to know how different between the Quattro and Prestige. Unlucky that no one around me use the Quattro so I can't try by myself. So it will be great if you could share experience about these 2 fins or between DR and Quattro. I guess prestige and DR are not different.

Thanks,

I use both. The DR EXPs are my drysuit fins. I use the Quattros when I dive with a wetsuit. Both are great fins for all finning styles. The DR fins are much stiffer which I like when diving with a drysuit.

Yes, they are the same fin save spring straps.

I too own both and my experience/opinion mirrors Kim's. The XTs are a much stiffer fin, I actually preferred them over the Mares which I found to be a little "twisty" when frog kicking. If you predomantly flutter the Mares are IMO better but if you predomantly frog then I'd go the XT/Prestige.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom