Memorial Day Weekend, Falling Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just an FYI - I had an email from a local dive shop letting everyone know they will be doing check outs on the 13th and 14th at Joe's. Looks like an official opening to me!

K2

can I bring my fireworks????? It is offical I am going to come there. Has anyone talked to her highness?? I am looking forward to meeting Jennifer and seeing all of you again. Hey Chris If I am coming from Indy what is the best way there???? What is the cost to camp??? Is Joe going to give us a deal on price???

diver_paula:
Hey there.

I'll most likely be heading to Pennsylvania (no diving) for Memorial weekend. But I had a great time with you at Falling Rock last 4th of July. Anyone thinking along those lines again?

Paula

Hi Paula,

Why not? We can have another KOMI gathering on July.... :D

komi hunter:
can I bring my fireworks????? It is offical I am going to come there. Has anyone talked to her highness?? I am looking forward to meeting Jennifer and seeing all of you again. Hey Chris If I am coming from Indy what is the best way there???? What is the cost to camp??? Is Joe going to give us a deal on price???

I'll shoot you a e-mail when we get back to town Sunday. Or better yet I'll run up
and see Joe this next week. I don't see any problems with fireworks ans I'm sure
Joe won't.

Brian, we believe that the Princess has gone to the dark side and won't be returning. I have emailed her several times with no reply.
Has Jennifer said anything about making it? I know that she asked for the link to here but haven't seen anything of her. I was hoping that she could make it. Every group has to have their token woman.:D

WT, we don't "like" Min any better, she is just better looking. :D

T2, the monitor has arrived!! Still watching the weather really close just in case I have to mail order the relay.

I could be talked into picking up some brats or burgers. I will also bring intoxicating beverages for after diving.

The 4th is on a Tuesday this year so we won't have a long weekend like we did last year. There is always Labor Day, for most of us.

Hmmmm, brats, burgers, intoxicating beverages, count me in!!!
I'm thinking on picking up some steaks and having some of my wifes special
grilled potaoes!!! HEAD COUNT!!!

Well if you are going to one over me with steaks then I will leave the brats and burgers at home. :D I will bring the camp stove but prefer my steaks cooked over charcoal
Found out something interesting today. With the time change I am now 1 hour ahead of KY time. That means that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to Joe's before noon.

Reconfirmed with the boss today that I will have Memorial Day weekend off and all is a go. The "scooter" is looking like it will make it as well. Just a few solder joints to make and with any luck this idea will work. If not..express mail from the UK might be my only hope.

Charcoal it is! But DO bring the brats, we need something for the SI.
Glad to hear the scooter is on schedule for the dive and your confirmed
for the weekend!

So far,

We have

A charcoal,
grill
beer
beverage & water
fire wood
snack

What else do we need?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/