MiFlex Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuma1720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have read a few entries in this forum with regard to the Miflex hoses, just wanted to catch up with those of the forum who have been diving awhile with these hoses.

Overall is it well worth my time/money to upgrade to these hoses? The regulators will be going into their yearly service this winter and might make the move then.

I am a recreational diver and do quite a bit of traveling, so it would help with storage. Others have mentioned how light the regulator sits. Just wanted to get another overall feel before I make the plunge during my next service.

Thank you :D

Not only do I believe Miflex is will worth it, I believe eventually that's pretty much all you will see on modern regulators.

The hoses are lightweight, extremely easy to care and are easy to wrap up for storage. If you travel, they are significantly lighter.

I've been diving Miflex for about six or seven months now. In August and September I was in the water pretty much every day weather allowed, and some days up to three times, so my gear gets a workout. I'm sure regular hoses would have been fine, but the Miflex hoses also held up extremely well.

They are a bit more expensive, of course, but I am confident they will last longer so it's a reasonable tradeoff.

If you travel, their light weight alone makes it worth the extra cost.

Jeff

I love my 5ft on my primary and 30 inch on my SS1. Light, no hose pull and coils up real tight.

I was diving in the pool at work this weekend with a spare set of regs and realized how stiff and heavy the regular hose's are. I am thinking about a Miflex HP hose if it will fit right in my console.

I have only heard of one or two people who did not like them, almost all the people who have tried them really like them.

They are worth the extra money to me.

The only REAL problem with the miflex is that they work too well. You won't be comfortable going back to those crappy hoses! I strongly suggest a warning sign about their addictiveness. I'm scheduling a meeting with the surgeon general at DEMA to go over these concerns.

They are worth the money, you can pack them down tighter. They are lighter, and they do streamline you because they are not stiff when pressurized like regular hoses. So they naturally bring the hoses closer to the body. But the big benefit of the miflex is that it stop regulator push and pull. That was the reason I originally got them.

I have read a few entries in this forum with regard to the Miflex hoses, just wanted to catch up with those of the forum who have been diving awhile with these hoses.

Overall is it well worth my time/money to upgrade to these hoses? The regulators will be going into their yearly service this winter and might make the move then.

I am a recreational diver and do quite a bit of traveling, so it would help with storage. Others have mentioned how light the regulator sits. Just wanted to get another overall feel before I make the plunge during my next service.

Thank you :D

well worth the upgrade, you can change them yourself, very easy.

Mine has helped so much with jaw fatigue and alignment. Super easy to work with..

Joe

You can read my review of Miflex hoses at the bottom of this page...

Miflex Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com

I've got about 200 dives on my Miflex hoses now - in recreational and technical settings - and would never switch back.

Everything they said. Well worth it. And for travelling they pack up small and reduce the weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but I think they're already being staged in.
I'm pretty sure that Aqualung is using them on the Mikron.

And I'm also one of the converts. Planning on throwing them on my Titan :)

Back
Top Bottom