Nemo Air newbee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaskes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

Just bought the Nemo Air.

Going to use it in Egypt next week. Anybody that have any experience with it???

Anything i am going to pay special attention to???

What is the difference between P, P+ & P++

Thank for a fantastic forum :wink:

Kaskes,

When you turn it on you will not be able to see your tank pressure, you may not be able to get a download kit, when you do it will include software for a Nemo Wide from 2007, the DRAK upgrade is still for a Nemo Wide, and I have not been able to get it to work. The Air does not appear on the Mares website for registration or technical information, the compass kit will arrive in my country (USA) by the end of the month. There are seven Airs in the State of Washington, USA, mine is the first and the first unit did not turn on. The dealer has had to reset two of the seven already.

If you don't mind being on the bleading edge of dive computer technology then you should be satisfied with the Air. I like it when I dive it and am used to ProPlus2 and Cobra, I just wish that the non-dive features worked. I suggest adding a pressure gage to your rig so you have some indication of pressure before the dive and in case the Air dies unexpectedly.

Perry

I too just got my Nemo Air from MARES and will get it wet teaching with it in two days @ a discover scuba class and then I am off to Sao Paulo I will be diving in Santos for one day while there on bussiness

Kaskes,

When you turn it on you will not be able to see your tank pressure, you may not be able to get a download kit, when you do it will include software for a Nemo Wide from 2007, the DRAK upgrade is still for a Nemo Wide, and I have not been able to get it to work. The Air does not appear on the Mares website for registration or technical information, the compass kit will arrive in my country (USA) by the end of the month. There are seven Airs in the State of Washington, USA, mine is the first and the first unit did not turn on. The dealer has had to reset two of the seven already.

If you don't mind being on the bleading edge of dive computer technology then you should be satisfied with the Air. I like it when I dive it and am used to ProPlus2 and Cobra, I just wish that the non-dive features worked. I suggest adding a pressure gage to your rig so you have some indication of pressure before the dive and in case the Air dies unexpectedly.

Perry

Perry,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been travelling. I am the one that most likely spoke to you in WA during Divers Fair. I specifically mentioned the Compass kits were to arrive mid Aug. I am not sure what you are referring to about resetting the computer. This has not been mentioned to me by the store. If you set your regulator up to the tank, pressurize, then scroll (right or left does not matter) to DIVE setting then press (ok) button, the full display will come up and show you everything you want to see prior to getting in the water. I am sorry the download software is not 100% complete for the Nemo Air. We were under the impression that it would be finished by the time of intial computer offerings but there were some unforeseen hang ups to delay the software launch. It is unfortunate but these things happen. Please note it is almost complete and will be available from the Mares website ASAP as well as the registration. One of the things slowing us down was completing the upgrade for Nemo Wide to go from a single gas computer to a multi gas computer, which I believe is now up and live on the Mares website. I wish we had the resources of Microsoft or Apple but that simply is not the case. We are working hard though. :)

Aside from the mishap with the download software this is an awesome computer. The graphics are clean, display is big, and even my wife can work this computer with out the manual! I hope you can hang in there for the down load patch it will be worth it.

P.S. Perry in you PM you have some good suggestions, I will be sure to forward them to our engineers in Italy. Thanks for your understanding.

Safe Diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom